Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Health check?

veg_frenzy

veg_frenzy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
All,
Just coming to end of warranty and I believe that VW (or dealer) is supposed to offer a free health check - anyone know of how this works? Also, any idea what are the 'checks' they conduct (i.e. is it meaningful)? Thanks.

They never refuse... as its an invitation to quote your for new brakes and tyres etc..

All,
Just coming to end of warranty and I believe that VW (or dealer) is supposed to offer a free health check - anyone know of how this works? Also, any idea what are the 'checks' they conduct (i.e. is it meaningful)? Thanks.

Looked me up and down and said 'lay off the pies'.

Pretty meaningful, pretty accurate ..

Rob H.

They will ALWAYS find something wrong with a health check !

We took ours in for a so-called free winter health check ended up costing us over £100

I had a few in the past never had any item needing to be replaced or repaired.

I guess they always check for roof corrosion and if they find any, start the process straight away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe this checks all fluid levels, tyres & tread & brake linings. Had a couple of these & never had to have anything done.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

All,
Not sure about VW as I've never had one. However when I had a Volvo previously the dealer offered a check just before the warranty expired - the purpose being to identify any defects that may be covered by the warranty. I ended up with a new steering rack that I didn't know was an issue but they advised was wearing improperly. So it's probably worthwhile if there is a clear understanding that it is to identify warranty issues and not service issues - that's what services are for.

Not sure about VW as I've never had one. However when I had a Volvo previously the dealer offered a check just before the warranty expired - the purpose being to identify any defects that may be covered by the warranty. I ended up with a new steering rack that I didn't know was an issue but they advised was wearing improperly. So it's probably worthwhile if there is a clear understanding that it is to identify warranty issues and not service issues - that's what services are for.

Same here with my previous Volvo, nothing needed but nice piece of mind.

..me..

Back