Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heated rear window

C

camperkid

Hi

Could someone please advise me, after several weeks deliberating, we have just placed our order for a California SE. I have to be honest the whole experience could have been a lot more pleasant if the brochure was more straight forward. :crazy

One thing I was hoping someone could tell me is, in the options section it specifies "Heated rear window with wash/wipe" this is indicated as standard on the beach model, but on the SE it is shown as a no cost option! Could someone please tell me if we never specified this on our order will it turn up without it??
Why would you not want it anyway???

Thanks in advance :thumb

As you have ordered a California SE then the rear window is double glazed and there is no need for a heated rear windscreen, it never needs to be defrosted.

The rear windows behind the sliding door and the wardrobe area are also double glazed though why i don't know.

The double glazed windows prevent condensation. Very good design feature and a shame that the Cali doesn't have more.

Yep no SE will have a heater rear window, but don't panic it will come with a wash wipe
:D

To be honest I find you can not see much out of the back window anyway with the rear headrests and 2 kids in the back (and with the pile of bedding on the rear shelf) - but you do get MASSIVE side mirrors which more than make up for it :)

Enjoy your new Cali - I hope the wait isn't too long.

T

Thanks for the reply guys.

So does that mean if I select the heated screen option I will loose the double glazed window?

camperkid said:
Thanks for the reply guys.

So does that mean if I select the heated screen option I will loose the double glazed window?

the Brochure is a direct translation - in Europe you can deselect double glazed window and heated rear window instead.

You should ignore it for the Uk - as per above posts. In the UK your SE comes with doubled glazed window only.

James

So following on for this, is it fair to say UK SE double glazed window is standard, definately not a 'modification'

You see, I'm just getting my broken one replaced. They seem to be doing it under my window cover so far... Despite window man insisting Double glazed was not a standard feature. (He turned up with a single glazed unit and is now going to get me a double glazed one from VW)

But I'm scared as he said single glazed was standard insurance will turn round and say its a modification I hadn't told them about :(

No double glazed rear window is standard on the se stick to your guns and get the proper one fitted :thumb

Thank you CaliKev... The window man was nice, I was just scared of his report back to the insurance company and a 'computer says no' moment.

He soon realised he didnt have the right thing, and I'm all temporarily sealed and garaged while I await the new one - which they are sourcing through VW.

Do you think I will have a long wait?

IT is sealed in the garage, not me. That would be mean :lol:

jimandcaz said:
Thank you CaliKev... The window man was nice, I was just scared of his report back to the insurance company and a 'computer says no' moment.

He soon realised he didnt have the right thing, and I'm all temporarily sealed and garaged while I await the new one - which they are sourcing through VW.

Do you think I will have a long wait?

Not too sure about the wait I wouldn't have thought so
Any decent dealer will be able to advise the insurance company that it is double glazed as standard.
Good luck