Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heavy duty jack

D

Darbs

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi everyone,

My first post - we are one the verge of ordering a Beach and have a question about a small item - have any of you got an opinion as to whether we should order a heavy duty jack, or stick with the standard one provided? I am guessing (and my knowledge of cars and mechanics is limited so feel free to correct me!) that the heavy duty jack would be more suitable when the Cali is carrying a full load? The dealer has said he is not sure but also thinks that must be the case - and that he hasn't had anyone order a heavy duty jack before. We have been caught out in the past with roof bars supplied with a car as standard which later turned out not to be suitable for the weight of a top box, so are wondering if this is a similar thing.

Many thanks for all of the information - the forums have been invaluable in helping us to learn about the Beach, I started out with a huge list of questions and have been able to find an answer for all but one question just by searching through the forums - fantastic!

Get the biggest jack you can carry if you think you want to try changing a wheel yourself. Personally I would just call for assistance as the wheels are very heavy and difficult to locate on the hubs. One for the professionals with the right gear.

Thanks for the advice, all questions answered now! Ordering our Beach later today :)

Get the biggest jack you can carry if you think you want to try changing a wheel yourself. Personally I would just call for assistance as the wheels are very heavy and difficult to locate on the hubs. One for the professionals with the right gear.

Easy to locate the wheel on the hub with one of these

I've changed wheels on mine a couple of times, using the supplied jack, with no particular problems.

We carry a small hydraulic jack as well, with a higher max amplitude (the right word?) than the standard jack. With raised/air suspension and/or bigger wheels than standard, the standard issue jack often can't raise the car high enough to get the wheel off the ground...

Back