Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

HEAVY-DUTY ANTI-ROLL BARS

Which must mean something else has changed - different springs, or higher profile tyres.

Ive just googled some images of the roll bars, the way they are attached is as I thought in a rubber bush on the floorpan, there is no attachment to the bar anywhere that could affect the ride height.

Correct, in the other post there was a mention of uprated shocks. Maybe the preload is less? As it is i've changed the springs anyway. Will measure the height later

I would be interested to know what your van height is, I have heavy duty roll bars fitted ( feels like a lot less roll than the demo I test drove ). My passengers are also prone to travel sickness and felt this way on the test drive but it isn't a problem in our own van. I am considering having the lowered springs fitted to improve the ride quality.

Your vehicle height will be interesting as the heavy duty anti roll bars apparently raise the van by 20mm or so and the springs lower the van by approx 30mm so in theory your van should only be 10mm below the standard height.

I have been in a car park with a 2m max height barrier and had room to spare.

Looks like 1960mm with the awning

Depends on what load you have in the van as well. Full tanks etc.
We have air suspension with the uprated roll bars, (van came the travel pack) and roll is significantly less than the standard set up with it in Sport mode. Ride hieght remains the same regardless of what the loading is in the van. T5 but I guess the T6 is the same suspension set up.

I have been in a car park with a 2m max height barrier and had room to spare.

Thanks for that. We have the heavy duty ant roll bars. Have been wondering if we dare try car parks with the 2 M max height barrier.[/QUOTE]
We have a local car park with a barrier marked 2.1m, but it's 5cm or so less than that in places. Mine is 2020 max to the awning so won't try without someone checking. If doubt, get the tape measure out :thumb

We have just ordered a new 150PS DSG Ocean and, having owned an '09 T5 conversion, ordered the heavy duty anti roll bars. It seems you can't have the roll bars without stiffer shocks too, and I'm worried it will make the ride less comfortable. Does anyone with a T6 have experience of this? Would it make any difference at all when towing? The salesman has said that it doesn't make a huge difference, just "an incremental improvement"...

"Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so"

We have just ordered a new 150PS DSG Ocean and, having owned an '09 T5 conversion, ordered the heavy duty anti roll bars. It seems you can't have the roll bars without stiffer shocks too, and I'm worried it will make the ride less comfortable. Does anyone with a T6 have experience of this? Would it make any difference at all when towing? The salesman has said that it doesn't make a huge difference, just "an incremental improvement"...

Mine is uprated anti roll bars option code 2MF (built May 16). My understanding is that the rest of the suspension is standard, just larger anti-roll bars. Mine certainly doesn't feel like it has stiffer suspension than the demos we tried, just noticeably less roll on corners.

The option description stated standard suspension and shock absorbers - might be worth querying that point with your dealer in case he thinks something has been changed recently :thumb

Option list clearly states” Heavy-duty anti-roll bars(front and rear) with standard suspension and shock absorbers”

If there is any increase in ride height I think you'll find it's minimal.

Option list clearly states” Heavy-duty anti-roll bars(front and rear) with standard suspension and shock absorbers”

If there is any increase in ride height I think you'll find it's minimal.
You're right it does say that on the July16 price list, but I understand there is now a new price list and some of the options (presumably including this one) has changed. At least, that is what the dealer is saying...

Hi, a l time ago I found this:
http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/konfigurator-fragen-multivan-united-t2210173.html

Google translate :)

For the Multivan T5 there are different trolleys:

1BA - suspension and damping Standard: This is the standard suspension of the priority operation on paved roads. against a closed vehicle (Trapo) is here the Multivan already 2cm deep.

1BJ - suspension / damping reinforced front and rear: This chassis is designed for use with bad roads (eg gravel). The Multivan gets here stiffer springs and dampers harder.This, however, the Multivan is again compared to the standard suspension 2cm higher and thus at the same level as a closed vehicle (Trapo).

1BB - suspension and damping in off-road version: This suspension should be chosen in areas with hardly any paved roads. The Multivan gets characterized toughest and hardest springs dampers. The Multivan is then higher than a normal Multivan and at the same level as a closed vehicle (Trapo) as 1BJ 2cm.

1BV - Sport chassis: This sports suspension is exclusively reserved for the Multivan. It is for drivers with sporty ambitions. The benefits can be seen by less body roll and greater roll stability of the vehicle. Compared to the production car of the Multivan is a further lowering of 2 cm to. Thus, the Multivan is a total of 4 cm deeper than a closed vehicle (Trapo). This capability is the garage at the level continued to improve. For use come harder and shorter springs and harder damper. The stability average is 25mm front and 28mm rear.

2MD - lowered suspension: Through this suspension leads to a lowering only for aesthetic reasons. Benefits can also be better Garage suitability (analog 1BV). The springs are the Multivan the same as the sports suspension 1BV. Dampers are at the state level but adjusted the damping behavior corresponds to the chassis 1BA. All vehicles (except Multivan) thereby the perm. HA reduced by 50 kg.

more trolleys, which are not available for the Multivan. Please inquire for yourself what T5 versions are these:

... 1BH - Suspension and dampers for vehicles with 3.2 t GVW: This suspension is a standard vehicle for Trapo (closed & open, and Caravelle and Shuttle with choice of 3.2t GVW (ZGG).

2MF - Suspension and dampers (standard) and reinforced stabilizers front and rear: This suspension is not available for the Multivan, serving with the other T5 for less body roll of the chassis and higher roll stability and reduced sensitivity to cross winds. For open bodies from certain structural height of this suspension is technically necessary.

2MG - enhanced damping and stabilizers front and rear with a reinforced stabilization: ---

2MK - Rear suspension strengthened: This suspension should at frequent load on the rear axle up to max. Axle load are used. It is used to compensate the vehicle platform height (eg workshop trolleys)

2ML - damping front and rear reinforced: This suspension comes only when open Trapo used. and corresponds to the chassis 1BJ in closed bodies. Since the open bodies already the strongest springs are fitted as standard, come here also only the damper of 1BJ used

On my current Multivan T5.1 i have 1BB option. Great for bad roads and super nice driving on highways.
Now for my new California T6 i order only option 2MF, because option 1BB is not available :(
After car will be delivered, my local dealer replace factory suspension for fit SEIKEL Desert suspension:
http://www.seikel.de/shop/hoeherlegung-desert-fuer-4motion/?lang=eh
This will raise body cca. 3cm
:)

Very interesting. I have 2MF Heavy Duty Anti-Roll Bars+Suspension on my order.

Mike

Looks like 1960mm with the awning
Just wondering if you might have a height measurement to the awning before your lowering springs were fitted? My awning seems to be 2020mm to the highest (rear) point with the uprated anti roll bars and standard springs. Maybe some tolerance exists in the awning fitting itself. Were your Sportline springs the -30mm option? Just trying to figure out what to do myself going forward. Any info greatly appreciated - thanks :)

Just wondering if you might have a height measurement to the awning before your lowering springs were fitted? My awning seems to be 2020mm to the highest (rear) point with the uprated anti roll bars and standard springs. Maybe some tolerance exists in the awning fitting itself. Were your Sportline springs the -30mm option? Just trying to figure out what to do myself going forward. Any info greatly appreciated - thanks :)

I don't have the measurement beforehand unfortunately. I've had the OEM Sportline springs fitted.

Had no problem using the 2m French toll booths

At the risk of repeating previous threads...

I have specified the HD anti-rollbars on my 204 DSG, as like others, I prefer the drive of a vehicle thats 'planted' on the road, and, I don't want the kids complaining of feeling sick in the back, its a lot of money to spend on a vehicle when the kids refuse to get in it...

I checked with the dealer and he was adamant that the only change to the vehicle was far less 'roll' on corners, and NO increased height.

At the risk of repeating previous threads...

I have specified the HD anti-rollbars on my 204 DSG, as like others, I prefer the drive of a vehicle thats 'planted' on the road, and, I don't want the kids complaining of feeling sick in the back, its a lot of money to spend on a vehicle when the kids refuse to get in it...

I checked with the dealer and he was adamant that the only change to the vehicle was far less 'roll' on corners, and NO increased height.

I agree. There was no ride height difference I could see on mine. I still put Sportline springs on though as we found too much bounce. With the HD anti roll bar & these springs it feels a lot more like a car to drive.

The End :thumb

Although, given that it obviously improves the ride, it does beg the question 'why don't VW fit them as standard...?' o_O

If you are going to do offroad, it will make it slightly worse since the rear and front axle wont be as "flexible" to lean at different angles.

If you are going to do offroad, it will make it slightly worse since the rear and front axle wont be as "flexible" to lean at different angles.

I'm thinking about difference going off-road with HD roll bars. I order HD roll bars at last minute. Suspension Seikel desert. I hope there will be no negative impact for off-road

I am sure impact is small, but it wont be exactly as great as with the standard bars, that is the whole idea with the hd bars, make front and rear axle more difficult to lean at different angles.

Heavy duty anti roll bars , only stiffen up the roll of the vehicle when cornering . There is no difference on the overall height . The main difference over standard roll bars is the thickness of the bars & tension on the bar its self . Would not think it should be a great problem to retrofit the heavy duty ones

I have ordered Heavy-Duty anti-roll bars front and rear with standard suspension and shock absorbers + £204.00 incl VAT as per the July 2016 brochure/price list. However, my New Vehicle Order Form lists them as Front and Rear Heavy Duty Shock-Absorbers and anti-roll bars, No. 111149 at the same price. Additionally, I ordered Mudflaps, front and rear but my dealer tells me that VW say I can not have them with the aforementioned anti-roll bars.

Back