Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Height of the California

Love this thread, seems a lot of brain failures and farts (which happens to us all). They do make smiles and stimulate further thoughts.

Some very informative info and advice from everyone.

Thanks

If my Cali exceeded 2m then I would have about 50 dents in the roof. As it is I only have one .... the dreaded trapped bellows crease :sad

If my Cali exceeded 2m then I would have about 50 dents in the roof. As it is I only have one .... the dreaded trapped bellows crease :sad
I'm awaiting delivery of mine. How does trapping the bellows crease the roof bodywork?

I'm awaiting delivery of mine. How does trapping the bellows crease the roof bodywork?

Because it gets trapped in the rear scissors which then don't close fully. However the hydraulics keep trying to close the roof so it bends. It's just thin aluminium which bends easily.

Because it gets trapped in the rear scissors which then don't close fully. However the hydraulics keep trying to close the roof so it bends. It's just thin aluminium which bends easily.
Any advice on avoiding this? Close in stages? I'm going to be on my own in it 90% of the time so don't have someone to check it as I close it.

Back