Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello, news on factories closing?!

We called our deal this morning to ask about adding a towbar to our order. We were worried we are too late as we had previously heard our build (Ocean) was scheduled for mid-march.

The dealer told us the factories in Germany are closed and our status code is back to 00 !!

Anyone else heard similar?
Ordered Ocean April 21, no hint of build date, was originally Dec 21. To make matters worse I been informed that if I’ve not received vehicle before the end of June 22 I’ll be subject to the 3% price hike due to VW pulling the price protection promise!

Ordered Ocean April 21, no hint of build date, was originally Dec 21. To make matters worse I been informed that if I’ve not received vehicle before the end of June 22 I’ll be subject to the 3% price hike due to VW pulling the price protection promise!
I’ve been informed by my dealer that they’ve been told verbally that price protection will still apply to anyone who was originally expecting it to. But they didn’t have that in writing! To add to the problem of factory closures there is also a number of Ukrainian HGV drivers that have now been taken out of the supply chains in Europe putting further pressure on logistics everywhere. But waiting longer for a Cali is insignificant in comparison to what is happening.

I could be wrong but I'm sure the end of march price increase is specific to kombis/transporters, whereas the California increase kicks in from end of June.
I'm also hoping that it is not the same for a MAN TGE as I'm waiting for one. I've not had any word from the MAN dealer yet.

I'm also hoping that it is not the same for a MAN TGE as I'm waiting for one. I've not had any word from the MAN dealer yet.
Not sure where the MAN TGE is built but the Crafter factory in Poland is currently closed. Has been for a week now.

Not sure where the MAN TGE is built but the Crafter factory in Poland is currently closed. Has been for a week now.
Crafter and TGE are both built side by side in the same factory in Września Poland just East of Poznan.

There is only badging differences between them however if you are ordering a new one you get a much more flexible options list from MAN and when I ordered mine it was £1500 - £2000 cheaper than the equivalent that a VW dealer could offer for the same or slightly lower specification.
The spec of mine is here if it will open for you, the PR codes are MAN but there are equivalent VW ones in the PR booklet which is a bit out of date but it gives you an idea.

Looks like VW are starting up the lines again, Wolfsburg will reopen next week and gradually ramp up production on the Golf line from Tuesday 22nd. Other lines will follow and sounds like others sites too except the two plants building EV's which will be shut until early April. There's no specific mention of the California's at Hanover but sounds like Emden has stayed open throughout and has been unaffected.

Most amazingly, the wiring harnesses are still being produced in Ukraine but VW are also increasing production of them elsewhere as a fallback and expect to have them back to normal supply levels within a few weeks.

We called our dealership yesterday and they were very stressed having meetings about the Ukraine war and how it was affecting production.
Had a really depressing letter from the VW dealer (part of a large group) with whom I placed my order for an Ocean in April 2021. Basically it says that all bets are off regarding delivery dates, citing the global chip shortage and, of course, the war in Ukraine. That dreadful conflict puts our trivial concerns over delivery into context.....but it's still frustrating!

Back