Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello & Question! New Beach, Used, or Wait?

Hmmm, Autoebid are telling me that their dealer is saying 17" chassis and brakes with the 3080 GVW is not available to order in the UK even though the configurator says it is. :confused:

Sometimes autoebid website wrong.

Worth phoning them as they sorted out some inconsistencies with ordering system for me.

This whole thread is a fascinating read for someone like me who ordered a brand new Beach in Nov 18 & collected on 1st March this year.
We went through exactly the same agonies / indecision regarding The new or 'nearly new dealer stock' question. Eventually it was Mrs H who stated the obvious "If we're paying this much, why don't we have exactly what we want, no compromises"
So that ended up with a £60k list price although we were fortunate to secure a trade deal via a family members relationship with VW so ended up paying £53.5K. That said we then spent another £2k on Dealer options such as extended warranty, lowered suspension, bike rack & engine management upgrade.
Our options list is remarkably similar to yours & we agonised over the cost of LED's especially, but eventually took the plunge (They are fantastic btw)
The most impressive option has actually been part of the 17" chassis..... the brakes, 342mm dual piston calliper front discs, are absolutely amazing, giving so much confidence. We always intended to tow a caravan so this is especially relevant to us as an extra safety margin.
Regarding future resale values, in my opinion it very much depends on what happens with future new prices from VW. If they continue to rise then 2nd hand values should stay relatively firm. I'm sure when people bought SE's some years ago fo £40k they never envisaged that new pricing would move onto £60k+ and yet still demand is strong......
My final note is just a personal observation. I've never really purchased any vehicle with a view to what its worth x years down the line. The money is spent on day 1 from my perspective, and if I can justify it on that basis then the fact that its worth some much if & when I choose to change is just a bonus. I didn't buy the vehicle so that I could provide someone else in so many years time with a great used example, I bought one to use, cherish, enjoy, fall in love with, welcome into the family, grow old with...... sounds a bit soppy but in my mind that's what marks a Cali out from almost all other road vehicles......
Sorry..... waffling over..... enjoy your Cali, whatever you choose to do :thumb

HI
Purchased door protector film from the club shop.
Door mouldings were purchased on ebay, I did post a picture on a earlier thread.

Deposit placed Eek! Went for the 17" wheels as well as the extended warranty. Time will tell whether buying now is a good decision or not.

They threw in the front footwell mats. :)

Next stop Accessories, On the list are:-
2 spare seats in Kutamo. (looking for 2nd hand)
Seat covers.
Awning sides or Tarp.
Voltage indicator.
Solar Panel.

Deposit placed Eek! Went for the 17" wheels as well as the extended warranty. Time will tell whether buying now is a good decision or not.

They threw in the front footwell mats. :)

Next stop Accessories, On the list are:-
2 spare seats in Kutamo. (looking for 2nd hand)
Seat covers.
Awning sides or Tarp.
Voltage indicator.
Solar Panel.

The wait begins, congrats
Like your style with the inclusion of the mats.
Enjoy the never ending looking at extras haha

The standard H4 Beach lights can be upgraded to the standard H7 Ocean lights with the £276 Lights and Vision package - a big saving on the massive £1,812 cost of LEDs, so worthy of a compromise consideration.
When I ordered (back in 2015!) it was actually the Exterior pack which included H7s, and not the L&V pack. Maybe they have changed it though as it seems odd.

This whole thread is a fascinating read for someone like me who ordered a brand new Beach in Nov 18 & collected on 1st March this year.
We went through exactly the same agonies / indecision regarding The new or 'nearly new dealer stock' question. Eventually it was Mrs H who stated the obvious "If we're paying this much, why don't we have exactly what we want, no compromises"
So that ended up with a £60k list price although we were fortunate to secure a trade deal via a family members relationship with VW so ended up paying £53.5K. That said we then spent another £2k on Dealer options such as extended warranty, lowered suspension, bike rack & engine management upgrade.
Our options list is remarkably similar to yours & we agonised over the cost of LED's especially, but eventually took the plunge (They are fantastic btw)
The most impressive option has actually been part of the 17" chassis..... the brakes, 342mm dual piston calliper front discs, are absolutely amazing, giving so much confidence. We always intended to tow a caravan so this is especially relevant to us as an extra safety margin.
Regarding future resale values, in my opinion it very much depends on what happens with future new prices from VW. If they continue to rise then 2nd hand values should stay relatively firm. I'm sure when people bought SE's some years ago fo £40k they never envisaged that new pricing would move onto £60k+ and yet still demand is strong......
My final note is just a personal observation. I've never really purchased any vehicle with a view to what its worth x years down the line. The money is spent on day 1 from my perspective, and if I can justify it on that basis then the fact that its worth some much if & when I choose to change is just a bonus. I didn't buy the vehicle so that I could provide someone else in so many years time with a great used example, I bought one to use, cherish, enjoy, fall in love with, welcome into the family, grow old with...... sounds a bit soppy but in my mind that's what marks a Cali out from almost all other road vehicles......
Sorry..... waffling over..... enjoy your Cali, whatever you choose to do :thumb
Hi Martin its Lee from Fujitsu. Can you please contact me on 07917206910

My 2019 Beach only came with a sliding window on the nearside as standard. I think you may have been given wrong information by that dealer.
Our beach purchased in June came with sliding windows on both sides as standard, we have purchased Jerba flyscreens for both sides

Our beach purchased in June came with sliding windows on both sides as standard, we have purchased Jerba flyscreens for both sides

That interesting as our MY19 Beach came with sliders both sides even though I didn’t spec the drivers side one!
Indeed I think, from memory, it was a £200 option according to the configurator....
Still I was happy to accept VW’s generosity!!

Our van has arrived at the dealer, so we're very excited. We're expecting to drive up from Dorset to Preston to fetch it next Saturday. The kids (3 and 5) have been VW spotting for the last 2 months.

Dealer seems to think it will be registered as an MPV.

We'll have our first night in it on the way back weather permitting. Any recommendations for a campsite a couple of hours south of Preston?

Our van has arrived at the dealer, so we're very excited. We're expecting to drive up from Dorset to Preston to fetch it next Saturday. The kids (3 and 5) have been VW spotting for the last 2 months.

Dealer seems to think it will be registered as an MPV.

We'll have our first night in it on the way back weather permitting. Any recommendations for a campsite a couple of hours south of Preston?
Perhaps the Wirral CMC site, decent traffic free walks/cycle rides and lovely coastal views.

There’s a dec3nt app for finding site and cheap yearly subscription £5, works offline
The app is “search for sites” , free to download and use for the first 7 days, has a neat feature where it will show you the route from where you are to the proposed sites.
There are details of the sites and reviews
Even shows pubs and car parks where you can camp

Thanks all. I'll take a look at that app.

We'll have the 7 seats in the van along with the comfort matress. I believe we can still make the lower bed up with 7 seats, but that there is then no floor space.

I expect it will come down to weather, if it is raining we'll probably find a Travelodge for the Saturday night!

We'll have the 7 seats in the van along with the comfort matress. I believe we can still make the lower bed up with 7 seats, but that there is then no floor space.

I expect it will come down to weather, if it is raining we'll probably find a Travelodge for the Saturday night!
This might help:

7 seat Beach bed

Picked it up yesterday. Over the moon . Used the checklist on the forum. We fitted the inka covers at the dealership as we had the kids with us. Didn't camp last night as the weather is awful.

1st time using adaptive cruise and App connect with Android auto. Even better than I thought they'd be.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who helped us navigate the options list and the endless extras!

Post a piccy or two, you know you want to

Back