Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help - 2021 Beach Owners

G

golfie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
HI All

Upon delivery of my Beach Camper I found faults in the battery charging systems. Unfortunately trying to resolve the issues has been hampered by not being given a California Beach handbook supplement. I desperately need the Teile Nr from the back of the Beach handbook Can someone oblige please.

Also I have 2 queries: Should the battery display on the overhead panel show a variable amp rate when on EHU? ( Mine permanently shows -1A)
Secondly should the Max Charge display show an amp charging rate?

Thanks for any info.

Didn’t get the manual but what I have found is it has taken several charge/discharge cycles to get consistent numbers, and even then, it was a bit hit and miss. Seeing the -1A on EHU was something I did see at the start. Would have to plug in again to check.
Max charge does vary on the display depending how the vehicle is moving. Driving faster gives more amps than stationary but when stationary you should notice increased revs.
overall when full the battery display also gives what seems to be random numbers on length of battery available which didn’t seem to tally with the load. Not sure if any of that helps much!

Hi @Tarquers
Thanks the the quick response.
The -1 is a permanent feature either on EHU or under load.
Tomorrow I am meeting the master tech at my local vw dealership to discuss the problem.
Apparently you should have received the California supplement and a Multivan book on delivery. Hopefully someone with a Beach will send me the part number and I will forward the details to you.

Hi @Tarquers
Thanks the the quick response.
The -1 is a permanent feature either on EHU or under load.
Tomorrow I am meeting the master tech at my local vw dealership to discuss the problem.
Apparently you should have received the California supplement and a Multivan book on delivery. Hopefully someone with a Beach will send me the part number and I will forward the details to you.
Thanks. I just looked and I did get the manuals but in Polish so not much use to me!

Your Dealer will be able to order any missing manuals for you.
if they were missing at delivery they should be FOC.

edit, I know that’s not a lot of help in the immediate term

Back