Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help with new Cali

P

PAL299

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi All I picked up my Cali ocean on 4th March. There was an unusual mark on the rear offside wheel arch. There is a sticker and something must have been covered over when the sticker was applied. It stretched the sticker and discoloured it which looks like a stone chip. I spoke the the dealer who has a great rep on this forum, who offered to arrange it to be sorted by a local agent at a later date. I have sent several emails and while before I collected they were quickly replied too but not any more. I am looking for advice what the best way to take forward. Can I reject its only been used to drive from dealer to my home. I don't want too but very upset at being ignored. What are yours views here are some pictures the mark is small one mm around maybe two. I will call next week been working nights so hard to call. The other marks are reflectionsfull pic.jpgclose up.jpgvery close.jpg

I would not loose any more sleep over it. Speak again to the deeler tell them how unhappy you are.

the sticker is normal
this kind of damage is not warranty unless you see it before you leave the dealer
you depend on the goodwill of the dealer
I was lucky to see a nail in one of tires of T6 ocean I had before just before handing over the keys.

That is a protective plastic film applied at the factory. It is to stop that area getting stone chips that are thrown of the rear tyres.
Looks like a stone has hit the film and it has put a mark on it.

Honestly looks like nothing. In the next few years you will get worse than that.

If it is under the sticker, you would have a good right to say it was there before the sticker was applied. Most dealers would be fine with this. As long as VW approves they don't care.

If it is on the sticker then as said, it's likely to have happened since. These things happen. Esp on UK roads. It's the purpose of the sticker.

If you have stretched and damaged the sticker expect short shrift from the dealer because they know VW will not approve it. That would be no different if it was EV or the beloved Breeze.

It's down to you to prove it was there when you picked it up and did not happen after, which is harder to do if you have damaged it.

The mark on the clear protection looks like it is damaged, from as you say either fitting when new or impact since it was fitted .

i read your post to mean that the “stretching“ is something under the clear protector that has formed a bump ?

the Clear Sticker is replaceable, ask the dealers parts department for a price and the part number, then ask if they will replace while you wait.

is the dealer local to you ?
If so drop in and speak to them face to face.

if not phone call is the best way, ask to speak to :
after sales manager,
senior service advisor,
service advisor ,
parts department and failing any response from those
the sales person who sold you the van.
follow up with an email if required.

Back