Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hibernation Charging

CLaw

CLaw

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can anyone help I will have to leave my pride and joy for a period of time and I would like some advice on how to keep the three batteries in good shape.
When l did this before I only had one battery and my choice was simple, I removed the battery and put it on a trickle charger, I also had the choice of removing the negative connection and charging without removing.

I'm hoping the answer is simpler than removing all three batteries and going to the shops to buy two more chargers.

I would be most grateful for any help.

Can anyone help I will have to leave my pride and joy for a period of time and I would like some advice on how to keep the three batteries in good shape.
When l did this before I only had one battery and my choice was simple, I removed the battery and put it on a trickle charger, I also had the choice of removing the negative connection and charging without removing.

I'm hoping the answer is simpler than removing all three batteries and going to the shops to buy two more chargers.

I would be most grateful for any help.
Why don't you just plug it into the Mains. That will charge all 3 batteries. If you don't want to leave it on continuously, no harm in doing that as it is an intelligent Charger in the California, you could use a timer.

Hello CLaw

I use the "normal" hook up for the 2 camping batteries and a CTEK MXS 5 for the engine batterie:
c42bb623cbf06af27e3fc6096c8dace7.jpg

Hello CLaw

I use the "normal" hook up for the 2 camping batteries and a CTEK MXS 5 for the engine batterie:
c42bb623cbf06af27e3fc6096c8dace7.jpg
Post 2010 Californias are able to charge the Leisure Batteries and trickle charge the Engine Battery.
Hence no need of a 2nd charger.

Post 2010 Californias are able to charge the Leisure Batteries and trickle charge the Engine Battery.
Hence no need of a 2nd charger.

Thank you WelshGas.
I think that was the reason why I bought/had to buy the CTEK thing.

Why don't you just plug it into the Mains. That will charge all 3 batteries. If you don't want to leave it on continuously, no harm in doing that as it is an intelligent Charger in the California, you could use a timer.
Thanks, I'm fairly new to the VW Ocean and I had not thought of that as a long term soloution. Using a timer would also put my mind at rest. Thanks again :)

Thanks, I'm fairly new to the VW Ocean and I had not thought of that as a long term soloution. Using a timer would also put my mind at rest. Thanks again :)
The California should be plugged into the Mains for at least 12/24 hrs every month, as stated in the Handbook.
I cannot find any reasonably priced 28 day timers. But a 7 day timer with Mains on for 12 hrs weekly will keep all batteries in good condition.

Back