Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

High milers

TBH there isn't much point in comparison between the 4 and 5.
Completely different engine design.

The 5 was never designed to be rebuilt or last. Fit for purpose. Last the life of the builders van then scrap it.

That said. With proper service it should go on long enough.

Are you saying my 2006 T5 with a 5 pot engine is a completely different design to my 2003 T4 5 pot engine?

Hi my t5 with a California roof has 242 000 miles on the clock 2004 plate going great touch wood
Love this you have same aged van as me with 82000 miles more and still going strong I'm feeling good :bananadance2

I just look after it and drive it steady just done Glasgow 550 round trip enjoy

These milages are great news, looks as if we ever sell ours with its current 140,000 miles on the clock we should be able to describe as "just run in" / "nearly new".

I wonder where else in VW world that was used?

The T4 2.5 Tdi 5 pot is belt drive.

No mine is an AXD engine, 130 bhp, single turbo 2.5 litres, chain driven, 5 pot
Hi,

Ive a 2004 2.5 130bhp 5 cylinder, mine is a AXD i think? I thought the cams were gear driven? It has a gates coupling for the alternater instead of a drive belt and no cam belt either because of gear driven cam?

Alistair

Hi,

Ive a 2004 2.5 130bhp 5 cylinder, mine is a AXD i think? I thought the cams were gear driven? It has a gates coupling for the alternater instead of a drive belt and no cam belt either because of gear driven cam?

Alistair

gates coupling mine was replaced + about 90,000 miles needs doing again + 180,000 miles

Just seen an advert today for a 2008 VW Crafter minibus, wait for it.........................583,000 miles.

That literally has been to the moon and back, that’s what VW can do ! I bet it didn’t have EGR ?
True, 117 pages of service history helped.

I would say good breakdown cover is required regardless of what millage is on the clock. New vans break down
Never bought breakdown cover for any new vehicle, on the Cali I always thought you were covered by the VW Assist even in Europe.

Never bought breakdown cover for any new vehicle, on the Cali I always thought you were covered by the VW Assist even in Europe.
You are for the length of the warranty and can extend it after the warranty has lapsed.

Time for a new one Sapto. :)
To be frank we just returned from a trip to Elba and saw quite a few T5x and T6x (love the new look) and even more Poessl and alike (some are great looking vans some aren't) and I might dare to say we discussed it more than once to look for a new one. However we just spent some money on a new turbo and we hope to go some more kilometres in fact would be great to go for 250k? And 20 years old? I'll keep my fingers crossed and we try to save some money ;)