Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How did I do that?

Wobble’s Mum

Wobble’s Mum

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can anyone shed any light on how I managed to lock myself out of the Cali at 5:30am?

I had locked the van on the switch on the driver’s door earlier in the evening. My colleague got up at 5am to go back into work and I never ‘re-locked’ the van. When I got out later, the sliding door closed and I couldn’t get back in.

Never happened to me before and I want to ensure I never do it again as it was a complete pain being stood at work in my pyjamas....

For exactly this reason I keep a surf key hidden outside the van compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can anyone shed any light on how I managed to lock myself out of the Cali at 5:30am?

I had locked the van on the switch on the driver’s door earlier in the evening. My colleague got up at 5am to go back into work and I never ‘re-locked’ the van. When I got out later, the sliding door closed and I couldn’t get back in.

Never happened to me before and I want to ensure I never do it again as it was a complete pain being stood at work in my pyjamas....
Thats definitely isnt good, especially in this weather. Glad u go back in eventually and hooefhope you didn't freeze to much

Perfect normal....
There are sevral threads on this on the forum

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
How did you get back in ?

Happened to me once but the sliding window was ajar.
I now have a surf key stashed in the same place that
HC has his . :D

How did you get back in ?

Happened to me once but the sliding window was ajar.
I now have a surf key stashed in the same place that
HC has his . :D

Luckily I work in an Emergency Response centre. We had a 4x4 on hire to transport staff in and out of work because of the snow, so was able to use that to go home and get spare key.

I tried to replicate it at home earlier and failed. Very strange but a lesson learned!

Several people have reported this - but it does seem to be a rare occurrence given the number of people on this forum.

It seems always to occur from the sliding door, and the only way I've been able to (purposely) do this myself is when the sliding door is open press the sliding door lock button then close the sliding door. So, the best explanation is that the sliding door lock button has accidentally been pressed sometime between opening the sliding door from the inside and closing it from the outside.

As others have said, to mitigate the risk, keep a surf key hidden in the same place @hotel california hides his.

Yes done it as well, once unlocked you need to open drivers door to stop van locking back up.

What makes you all think you know where a surf-key is hidden on my Cali ...?

Back