Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How long does it take before I get my Cali?

Wogga

Wogga

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Thought I would do the timeline of my California order as a guide, when we we order we all ask how long will it take? This is my experience 17 weeks start to finish.

My California time line
Spec: California Ocean 150PS, DSG
Starlight Blue

Options:
Discover Media Pro
Power sliding door
Mud flaps
Comfort mattress.

Updates received from VW chat, no apparent delays due to Covid19. During this time vans built in later weeks actually overtook my build no reason it just happens?

Week 1 19/8/20 Ordered VW Lancashire quoted 12-14 weeks until delivery - Dealer confirmed order processed and received by VWUK at point of sale.
Week 2.5 04/09/20 Status 10 Factory provisional production week scheduled 43 w/c 19th October
Week 7 05/10/20 Status 20 Factory production week confirmed, Build week 43 w/c 19th October
Week 9 20/10/20 Confirmed status 20 in production. It was 4 weeks in production?
Week 13 13/11/20 Status 30 In transit from factory.
Week 15 24/11/20 Status 36 arrived at docks.
Week 15 26/11/20 Status 38 released for shipping.
Week 15 28/11/20 Status 39 vehicle on ship.
Week 16 30/11/20 Status 40 arrives in the UK
Week 17 08/12/20 Status 70 arrives at dealer

Will be collecting 3 days later.

Thought I would do the timeline of my California order as a guide, when we we order we all ask how long will it take? This is my experience 17 weeks start to finish.

My California time line
Starlight Blue

Options:
Discover Media Pro
Power sliding door
Mud flaps
Comfort mattress.

Updates received from VW chat, no apparent delays due to Covid19. During this time vans built in later weeks actually overtook my build no reason it just happens?

Week 1 19/8/20 Ordered VW Lancashire quoted 12-14 weeks until delivery - Dealer confirmed order processed and received by VWUK at point of sale.
Week 2.5 04/09/20 Status 10 Factory provisional production week scheduled 43 w/c 19th October
Week 7 05/10/20 Status 20 Factory production week confirmed, Build week 43 w/c 19th October
Week 9 20/10/20 Confirmed status 20 in production. It was 4 weeks in production?

Interesting Wogga. Mine was ordered 27/8 and also arrived at the dealer yesterday. The build time was shorter than yours but time in transit much longer. To be fair I was told to expect 16 weeks so its pretty much bang on. Hoping to pick up later this week, as soon as its ready

Thanks Wogga. Really good insight there.

Out of interest, which order number do you use for checking the status with VW chat? Is it the order number printed on the VW dealer order form, or is there another number you need to obtain from the dealer?

I have thus far resisted the urge to check. I ordered 1st week of Nov with an end of March estimated delivery date.

Out of interest, which order number do you use for checking the status with VW chat? Is it the order number printed on the VW dealer order form, or is there another number you need to obtain from the dealer?

I have thus far resisted the urge to check. I ordered 1st week of Nov with an end of March estimated delivery date.
If you contact VW chat, they will be able to check the order number for you - they just need your details.

We ordered 23rd October and it is already in production since last week (week 49).

We ordered 14th November and have been told today it's a week 7 build (w/b 15th Feb).

Interesting Wogga. Mine was ordered 27/8 and also arrived at the dealer yesterday. The build time was shorter than yours but time in transit much longer. To be fair I was told to expect 16 weeks so its pretty much bang on. Hoping to pick up later this week, as soon as its ready
Yes with a longer than usual production time I can only assume there was a quality issue, talking to others on here the options I had were on others in the same build week? If there wasn’t a snag in production the 14 weeks would of been correct. Good luck with pick up, told them not polish it I don’t want dealer option paint swirls :)

it was not on my order I had to get from the dealer, 8 digits beginning with 30. Like others have said VW chat will hunt it out for you. If you have ordered a 199/204 engine I don’t think there is a point chasing them at the moment they don’t seem to know properly yet. If you ordered a 150 you should be able to get a provisional build week. Time passed quickly for me until it got to build week then it dragged :)

My California time line
Starlight Blue

Options:
Discover Media Pro
Power sliding door
Mud flaps
Comfort mattress.

Similar timeline to mine
Ordered 23/8
Built week 44
Sat at docks awaiting ship for 2 weeks
Arrived at dealers last Friday
Collecting from SMG Cowfold on Thursday

Mines a 199 4 motion in indium grey
And a few extras
Looking forward to collecting it now,
Good luck to the rest who are collecting this side of Christmas

it was not on my order I had to get from the dealer, 8 digits beginning with 30. Like others have said VW chat will hunt it out for you. If you have ordered a 199/204 engine I don’t think there is a point chasing them at the moment they don’t seem to know properly yet. If you ordered a 150 you should be able to get a provisional build week. Time passed quickly for me until it got to build week then it dragged :)
Thanks for that. Had a nice conversation with Beth on the VW chat :) I didn’t get a huge amount of info though. Order accepted (for our 150 Ocean) by the factory on 11/11. No build slot allocated yet. Check back at the end of Dec. I’ll sit tight over Xmas, try(!) and forget about it and ask again in the new year.

Ordered a 150 Ocean on 8 October. Just been given a revised provisional build date of 25 January. If confirmed I hope I'll take delivery in March...

Well it’s finally here, typically wet Lancashire. Look behind some other lucky person is collecting today as well. Nipped into the parts department and order some wind deflectors hopefully stop the rain dripping in.View attachment 70600
Yay - congrats Wogga. Looks awesome - even in the rain! Picking mine up tomorrow, just one more sleep

Well it’s finally here, typically wet Lancashire. Look behind some other lucky person is collecting today as well. Nipped into the parts department and order some wind deflectors hopefully stop the rain dripping in.View attachment 70600
Looks great wogga. Our week 44 has been on the same journey, but now had confirmation that we are collecting on Wednesday. Can’t wait now!

Looks great wogga. Our week 44 has been on the same journey, but now had confirmation that we are collecting on Wednesday. Can’t wait now!
Great news, it was frustrating watching vehicles overtake us, but as can be seen here some poor souls have waited nearly a year so we were quite lucky. Enjoy the collection it hasn't stopped raining here yet so I have only managed to set up the infotainment! Good luck.

Congratulations on your new van ! I've ordered a Coast in the same colour :)
I notice you have a private plate, did the dealer fix it on for you before collecting ?

I think I spotted your Cali on Christmas Eve!

Back