Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How long to load

06.32 minutes

Unload: 02.37 minutes

f3f5baae36818bf391f68ab5192cba35.jpg

I’ve just loaded four bikes - 2 adult and 2 children’s - onto our Quasi bike rack. It took 6 minutes 5 seconds. I think that’s pretty good.
11815f53b1492fbfc0ae8fe910b8e4d6.jpg
I take the pedals off if I have three bikes. It makes it easier. Don't forget the left side of the bike is a left hand thread. Your left side if you're sitting on the bike

What happens when you forget to put something in the boot...?
All off, start again ;)
I slide the rear seat all the way forward ( having removed the front rail stop) walk behind it and grab/deposit what’s required! Nay bother.

I think the Quasimodo is easier to load due to the chocks. The slowest part of the Kylie, (after positioning the arms, and realising on bike 3 that the arm needs to go the other side of bike 1s frame...) is threading the straps through the appropriate slot for each bike wheel. Anyone found some reusable zip-tie like straps that are suitably secure and easier to thread to fit the Kylie?

I find the act of putting the bikes on the rack is the easy bit. The time consuming bit is finding the right Alan key to turn the handlebars.

I think the Quasimodo is easier to load due to the chocks. The slowest part of the Kylie, (after positioning the arms, and realising on bike 3 that the arm needs to go the other side of bike 1s frame...) is threading the straps through the appropriate slot for each bike wheel. Anyone found some reusable zip-tie like straps that are suitably secure and easier to thread to fit the Kylie?

Four came with my tandem carrier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find the act of putting the bikes on the rack is the easy bit. The time consuming bit is finding the right Alan key to turn the handlebars.

I have never (yet) needed to turn handlebars, but I keep a selection of Allen keys in my bike tool kit, along with tyre levers, chain breaker and spoke tensioner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have the bikes ‘top to tail’ less chance of the bars clashing, sometimes the bars hit the seat but it’s much easier/quicker to drop/twist the seat if there is an issue, especially if you have quick release seat post collars. Probably worth spending some time with different orientations to see which ones go on best.

I've marked the chock positions with pencil and written which bike goes which way!