Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How many have you met?

A beer or 2 with T5wob and another in France,
and then there was another time when i met a woman
cleaning her bike next to her Cali :)
i only wanted to see if her drawers were in order.

None, but hopefully that will change once we get our van.
I think there are a few of us in NE Scotland. I’ve met a couple of them and been in contact with others.

I’ve met several at meets (although that doesn’t count). I think I went to almost every meet in 2016. From that I’ve met up with several people multiple times. And if it wasn’t that I was so far away, would have joined another couple of couples for more trips.
Otherwise, locally met a member for a BBQ. And another as they were interested in buying T6 stuff.
All lovely people and happy to meet them all again and hopefully more in the future.

Well,

As now totally the forum pariah...

If anyone wants to meet me please do so via my Istanbul account :shocked

We actually meet new people in person?! I‘m not sure I remember that feeling

In the ‘olden days’ I met 3 members through buying things, including buying our Cali

Meet three local members, one through a friend, one through another group, two at Wickham Festival, two on camp sites, one arranged visit on a site (GJ!) and loads over 7 club meets.

Me I got once a very nice visit by @MattBW & V.
Once I put a little card on the windshield of a neighbor one street from here, asking if he was on the forum, and if not, why not ;-) No response so far. He must have been French-speaking, meaning scared as hell to appear here (to my knowledge there's never been one guy posting in the French sub-section, no?). (edit: ok, literally 3 out of a million posts).
I've always been intrigued about how you all are. Like can @Velma's Dad and his cat be seperated, does @Borris only sip champaign,...? ;-)
We should relaunch that old TV show "To Tell the Truth" here!
to-tell-the-truth-2016.jpg
Would also be interesting to know which of the names often quoted in member's posts are dogs, cats, vans, or just human beings :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately only "Coop" is on this board as more friends are on the Caliboard.
However Coop&friends and I went away a couple of times together or met in Lucerne.
1ce189989ded1d37b406484e7fc75f37.jpg

8a7ac0c4e40413c904ba73515c40cbf2.jpg

0002588b5bf81416928618e0407f2d7f.jpg

4f2fbc8f676a5c48bed9152ecbfa6851.jpg

Unfortunately only "Coop" is on this board as more friends are on the Caliboard.
However Coop&friends and I went away a couple of times together or met in Lucerne.
1ce189989ded1d37b406484e7fc75f37.jpg

8a7ac0c4e40413c904ba73515c40cbf2.jpg

0002588b5bf81416928618e0407f2d7f.jpg

4f2fbc8f676a5c48bed9152ecbfa6851.jpg
That's a very Black or White thinking Board you have there Sapto! :)

That's a very Black or White thinking Board you have there Sapto! :)

Mine is more "Offroad Metallicgrey" from 2004
However you're right. The yellow or two tone ones weren't there back in 2016 (front of Ace C). And honestly I only know 2 yellow Califriends (twice a beach)and Coop "moved" on to a MAN TGE 4x4 "Sprinterlike" Conversion.

Me I got once a very nice visit by @MattBW & V.
Once I put a little card on the windshield of a neighbor one street from here, asking if he was on the forum, and if not, why not ;-) :)

Allow me to re-tell a story.

I carry loads of VWCC cards around with me and always popping them under the wiper of a parked Cali that I see. One in particular in my local town must have had about 6 cards off me.

One day I had a dental appointment. Waiting for the man to arrive I saw him drive up, in a very nice Cali.

"Oh hello Ross" I said to the very nice dentist....."I never knew you had a California! Are you a member of the VWCC by any chance"?

"NO" he growled, " but some stupid idiot keeps leaving cards on my windscreen and if I ever catch them doing it ......."

"Oh goodness, how annoying" I mumbled, thinking time to keep my mouth shut until he tells me to open it :(

From reading this there are far too many dodgy exchanges in random car parks! I need to be weary :)

Two.
A neighbour, and one whom I bought a mattress from, and that's having owned a California since 2012. A contributing factor is that we mainly wild camp and don't stay at campsites.
Do you wild camp in the UK or Europe.

To be honest I get more nods, waves, hellos and conversations with non-Cali campervans than Cali owners. Funny bunch ;)

Or is it me?
Yep, me too. My old T5 conversion got more waves than my Cali

Yep, me too. My old T5 conversion got more waves than my Cali
Love my Cali but my T5 conversion was individual and was special as it introduced us to a new type of touring holiday. Great memories and people just used to stop and chat. Think we’re seen as a bit upmarket now.

Do you wild camp in the UK or Europe.
Only in the UK. We don't use any Wildcamping websites, just good navigation by Sue, with the aid of old fashioned paper OS maps.

Back