Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How many have you met?

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
So, excluding meets, how many members have you met?

I started thinking about this as someone from the forum is visiting my home tomorrow.

I have met 6 from the forum through selling various bits and pieces from a mattress to a whole Cali.

2 from this forum I know now on a professional basis.

I have met another 7 by arrangement when they were either camping near me or our paths were crossing.

At least 20 from chance meetings on campsite.

Probably in total around 35.

Two.
1 from purchasing a used accessory
1 when following up a chance discovery that we live in the same village in Wiltshire

Have not kept count but at various meets & the Hannover factory visit, I guess about 25 plus.

Two.
A neighbour, and one whom I bought a mattress from, and that's having owned a California since 2012. A contributing factor is that we mainly wild camp and don't stay at campsites.

Only 2 so far, hoping post-covid to get the chance of meeting some more.
Also 1 negative: standing next to what seemed to be a fanatic - not even a "good morning"... Maybe toy of the husband who was not around :) ?

IMG_20200810_185834.jpg

Only 2 so far, hoping post-covid to get the chance of meeting some more.
Also 1 negative: standing next to what seemed to be a fanatic - not even a "good morning"... Maybe toy of the husband who was not around :) ?

View attachment 76415

Oh goodness I have had a couple of those. I had one guy walk over, I was cleaning my bike off outside, without introducing himself came over and said "nice looking machine, mind if I take a look"? and without waiting for an answer just stuck his head through the door.

Thinking he might know me and was having a laugh I said "I don't suppose you are a member of the VWCC by any chance"....

"Yes" he said, "are you?"

"No.... no..... I don't like clubs, no .....I'm too antisocial, please go away!" :shocked

So, excluding meets, how many members have you met?

I started thinking about this as someone from the forum is visiting my home tomorrow.

I have met 6 from the forum through selling various bits and pieces from a mattress to a whole Cali.

2 from this forum I know now on a professional basis.

I have met another 7 by arrangement when they were either camping near me or our paths were crossing.

At least 20 from chance meetings on campsite.

Probably in total around 35.
So far none...its an unfulfilled ambition.

SeaKaleCali and BMW.jpg

Perhaps we ned to organise a meet with priority for those who have not met?

one that I know of.
I know a couple of other California owners but not sure if they are members of this forum or not.

Last edited:
Probably about eight, excluding meets.

Purchase of new Jackyards seat covers from Denise (trade member).
Purchase of a Kela III somewhere to the SW of London.
Purchase of Comfortz awning panels somewhere near West Wittering.
Purchase of VW comfort mattress, exchange in a pub car park in Keston.
Purchase of Thule awning room from @andyinluton in Luton.
Purchase of 17" wheels - I can't recall where, perhaps in the Waltham Abbey area.
Giving away, in return for an unspecified charitable donation, our well used Kella III, at home.
Someone we met camping in Croatia who about a year later turned up on this forum.

Sorry for anyone I've missed.

None yet and very much looking forward to putting some faces to names at a meet :thumb

Goodness, and I was feeling a bit of a forum recluse having met only a handful, including @Velma's Dad who left my house about half an hour ago.

All the people I admit to meeting on my travels

I'm beginning to make myself sound like the campsite lush :(

But meeting at meets doesn’t count ;)

meeting at meets were excluded from the counts of people meeting, for meeting en masse would distort the numbers met, but meeting at a meet for those who have not met may well meet expectations some have for meeting.

meeting at meets were excluded from the counts of people meeting, for meeting en masse would distort the numbers met, but meeting at a meet for those who have not met may well meet expectations some have for meeting.
I think we should all meet up to discuss this.

A meet to discuss a meet?
Yes why not.
I do understand though, under the guidelines of “how many members have you met” that any members met at this meet would not count towards my total tally.

One member - when we parked up for sandwiches outside our Cali.

None

We are still waiting for our new van.

However, I do feel like a stalker as someone from here (has a white vwcc badge) lives not far from me. I can't drive past their house without a jealous stare. Not just for their van but they have a beautiful house backing onto a canal too.

Hope they don't read this as they maybe calling the police

Back