Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How many have you met?

I wonder if colour has anything to do with it? Being beige I've met no one. Surely can't be true for the extrovert reds?

About 6 including Amarillo, when either selling or buying stuff.

6, all to do with buying and selling

So, excluding meets, how many members have you met?

I started thinking about this as someone from the forum is visiting my home tomorrow.

I have met 6 from the forum through selling various bits and pieces from a mattress to a whole Cali.

2 from this forum I know now on a professional basis.

I have met another 7 by arrangement when they were either camping near me or our paths were crossing.

At least 20 from chance meetings on campsite.

Probably in total around 35.
Only one in person, in a French campsite, although I only found out when he mentioned it a year later on this forum. Otherwise, yourself, but only in passing on a very busy roundabout outside Worthing. We waved and moved off in different directions!

Only one in person, in a French campsite, although I only found out when he mentioned it a year later on this forum. Otherwise, yourself, but only in passing on a very busy roundabout outside Worthing. We waved and moved off in different directions!

Well, hello again :D

Alfie is rather distinctive.

Even more so now ....

Last edited:
A bit of a late response but I'm only reading this now: I haven't met many yet (I went to some COTF in the early years and also the Champagne Meet in 2014 but those don't count). What I did do a few times was to come and say hello when I knew that a member was at Memling campsite in Bruges (literally a few minutes from my home). Then I gave a bottle of beer as a present. When they're not there, I just put it by the cali. No need to stay for me ;)
Whether this is still opportune I don't know after I ran into a 'known member' :eek:... Guess there won't be many more who want to meet me now :D Anyway, it is what it is.

Last edited:
Gosh, 4 years here and not met anyone. Was booked in for the Looe meet a few years ago, that got scuppered due to something, I remember not what. Time to get to a club meet soon. As someone earlier has said, maybe it is to do with the beige colour?

Only one, kernow based member, bought our zonesleep from him, its still going strong.
Granny Jen, why have we not met you yet??

So, excluding meets, how many members have you met?
Well, several people we met over the years, turned up on this forum later, after we had met them. So they don't count!

The other way around, people we first 'met' on the forum and then later in person: only 1.

8 or 9 and still have no got hold of our new Cali

Well, several people we met over the years, turned up on this forum later, after we had met them. So they don't count!

The other way around, people we first 'met' on the forum and then later in person: only 1.
Did you - in the early days have an electric carpet heater/ floor mat?
If so, I think I did meet you on a campsite in Düsseldorf many years ago.
If not, he was a nice and friendly Hollander anyway.

Some people we already knew from other forums or living nearby.
And 1 bad experience in Fryslan 2 years ago: VW T6 from Luxembourg, VWCC sticker on the back, didn't even answer to our friendly "hi"... well, I gues our T4 didn't fit their expectations :cool:

Back