Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to remove headlining around central unit.

szczota81

szczota81

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi

I have some issue with hydraulic roof pump. Basically oil level is really low. Therefore I have to remove headlining (I hope it is correct expression).

I have access to the pump from front as it is on picture (a lot of work). But the rear section of the headlining is fixed in to the roof hole frame. I have no idea how to open this frame at all. Any suggestions, pictures or movies? The frame is fixed by 4 screws but even w/o them I can not remove it. Frame I am talking about is on the picture.

headlining frame.jpg IMG_3569.jpeg

IMG_3568.jpeg

Hi

I have some issue with hydraulic roof pump. Basically oil level is really low. Therefore I have to remove headlining (I hope it is correct expression).

I have access to the pump from front as it is on picture (a lot of work). But the rear section of the headlining is fixed in to the roof hole frame. I have no idea how to open this frame at all. Any suggestions, pictures or movies? The frame is fixed by 4 screws but even w/o them I can not remove it. Frame I am talking about is on the picture.

View attachment 59726 View attachment 59727

View attachment 59724
@TripleBee is your man as he has replaced the pump recently. Hopefully he will be along soon.

Hi

View attachment 59726 View attachment 59727

View attachment 59724
Read @TripleBee s Post here.

OK I see. Instead of rivets I have screws. And because I cannot remove headlining I afraid previous owner glue this headlining the mentioned sliding frame. Otherwise I have no explanation why this is siting so hard?

Found it. (the thread)

So after removing the reading light on the near side, undoing the felt tape on the edges, drilling off the heads of the rivets (I leave the rest of the rivets hanging for the roof lining), or in your case, screws? Maybe they put in screws after drilling out the original rivets?

Start in the middle, above the display. You will need to undo the right trim first, as it goes over the left trim.
They must have glued it with 2K glue. I just put on some double sided tape, but I think I will glue it again, or maybe not? I have an electrohydraulic roof, so I might need access to the pump again in a couple of years?

Then it looks like this:
IMG_20200528_081221.jpg

IMG_20200528_123836.jpg
The black thing is the double sided tape on the edge where the trim slides over.

IMG_20200528_123823.jpg
See the rest of the rivets holding the roof lining?

IMG_20200528_123856.jpg
the top part goes over the head lining, the bottom part (with the marks of the 2K glue) slides over the edge.

Hope this helps?

Hi

You don’t need to remove the headlining to refill/check the oil level in the hydraulic roof pump. The pump can be maneuvered out of the hole in the roof, after removing the control panel and the whole frame...

You don’t need to remove the headlining to refill/check the oil level in the hydraulic roof pump. The pump can be maneuvered out of the hole in the roof, after removing the control panel and the whole frame...
You have to have different California :).
There is no chance to do it. But you can give me some instruction how to do it.

There's some insight on how the pump looks like here in thread by myself (lots of other intresting pictures in there also)

Also take a look here

@Emil Silenhag posted very useful info.

Do a search on the forum , loooots of info!

Please could you provide some more info on how to remove the control panel frame? Many thanks

Please could you provide some more info on how to remove the control panel frame? Many thanks
You have to pull down the section with light switches. Just gently pull it down and metal clips should open. Then remove section with lights in the same way. The clips is on the right side. Then start from this place. After this you have access to the center control unit which has (I think 4 clips) and you have to disconnect 3 cables sockets. Now you have to remove the bolts from the frame and you are done. If you will have further question I can make a picture because my headlining is still disassembled.

Back