Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to Update your Volkswagen Sat Nav System

Just to add. Updated the Sat nav software as per the video by Cali-Chris and all is well. I didnt get lost once whilst driving around my garden so all must be fine! :D

A new video out from California Chris on how to update your VW SatNav. No mention of a charge, so it may be free now.

Did anyone get a message from TomTom about important updates for your SatNav? Due to the upcoming WNRO on 6 April 2019, the performance of your device will be impacted. Details here https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/updates/
Doesn't seem to have a mac option anymore?

Just to add. Updated the Sat nav software as per the video by Cali-Chris and all is well. I didnt get lost once whilst driving around my garden so all must be fine! :D
If you go around your garden enough, the queen will attack you with a big sword.

Gave up on the app as now debunked,
Managed to download the zip file on my mac it auto unzipped it into afolder
I then opened up the sd card on mac copied the maps folder as a backup
I then deleted it from the sd card, by dragging to trash and emptying trash
Finally copy the new files on to sd card
Worked fine no issues

Looks like Windows is not that bad, if you want to update your nav.

In this case, give me auto. For driving, I am fine with manual. :embarrased

I watched the video, but it didn't match what I had to do (on Windows or Mac). The only option was to do the manual download and delete/copy onto SD card. It was fine, but if you go for a large map area, you need the space on your computer for the backup and the unzipped new data.

Back