Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to update sat nav to take french maps

I still have the original 2015 VW 315 unit and it has been good for France, Switzerland and Germany. As it works so well with my iPhone for music, phone calls etc I have left it and have not replaced it just for the few times the satnav has been foxed. I take a Garmin which is good for those few special POI's and will replace the Garmin when necessary as this is far cheeper. Most of the time though it has stayed in its pouch. Why spend £1200+ just for the sake of it?

I still have the original 2015 VW 315 unit and it has been good for France, Switzerland and Germany. As it works so well with my iPhone for music, phone calls etc I have left it and have not replaced it just for the few times the satnav has been foxed. I take a Garmin which is good for those few special POI's and will replace the Garmin when necessary as this is far cheeper. Most of the time though it has stayed in its pouch. Why spend £1200+ just for the sake of it?
Who said it was " for the sake of it? ".
I found the RNS 315 much too basic for me and happy to pay for something that does what I want. Don't know where you got the cost of £1200+ from. I didn't even pay half of that and it hasn't let me down yet.

My local VW dealer quoted this for the Kenwood unit, as said I am happy with the "Basic" it does everything well but is a pain to update, and custom POI's are almost impossible so my iPhone 7 fills in the gaps in the UK.

Who said it was " for the sake of it? ".
I found the RNS 315 much too basic for me and happy to pay for something that does what I want. Don't know where you got the cost of £1200+ from. I didn't even pay half of that and it hasn't let me down yet.
I find the interface basic and a little old fashioned, but it does everything that I need it to, I can use apple music from my phone, satnav etc the only thing it's missing is editable POI (well other than adding each asa favourite) there is a means to add limited POI via an SD card (I posted about it somewhere on here) but it's limited. Basically you load a record as a vcard. There is a website to make them.

I've been tempted by a new stereo but I'm going to wait a little longer and see what appears on the market.