Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hubbys Handmade side/snack drink bar for the beach

Hi RoB5urf, I 'modified' the original brackets with the aid of a hacksaw and a solder iron, used some anti slip mat and a couple of cable clips from the local hardware shop and it's solid!

Ordered the 400x400 table and Reimo leg from Clearcut Conversion today, £51.25 delivered. Ordered the retainers from VW, at £12.66 for the pair also.......

Hopefully I don't fook-up the brackets...... We've the 3-seat bench seat Beach..... And hope this mini-table can be left up semi-permanently.

Thanks to all of the contributors above.

I am currently working on something similar at the moment as a project to "justify" me getting a 3D printer ;)

Will be giving the prototype a test run this weekend at the meetup but already found an issue with flex so will not be putting much on it.

Pic of the bracket. Printed 2 and using a bit of scrap wood so can work out the details.

View attachment 21713View attachment 21714

Your bracket looks very neat, have you perfected it?

Finished the table today, thank you BeachyBird for your tips on offsetting the brackets, we now have a fully functioning tea table for the morning, with access to the storage box still possible. Very pleased with myself!

View attachment 29575 View attachment 29576
SE VanMan
Brilliant job, looks perfect you did a good job on the brackets real neat. I am sure like us it will become one of the most useful additions to your cali.

Ordered the 400x400 table and Reimo leg from Clearcut Conversion today, £51.25 delivered. Ordered the retainers from VW, at £12.66 for the pair also.......

Hopefully I don't fook-up the brackets...... We've the 3-seat bench seat Beach..... And hope this mini-table can be left up semi-permanently.

Hi Jonathan
We never take ours out it is a permanent feature we couldn't be without it. One of the best additions we have made.

Does the leg detatch at all from the table top?

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I was mulling over where to store it as we have the 3 seat bench, so no box available. I wonder if a removable leg would make storage simpler?

Does the leg detatch at all from the table top?

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I was mulling over where to store it as we have the 3 seat bench, so no box available. I wonder if a removable leg would make storage simpler?
The leg is telescopic and folding but not removable.
So far we have never stored ours as it has been Insitu ever since it was made. If you look back in thread there is a picture with the leg folded. Hope this helps.
Bb

The leg is telescopic and folding but not removable.
So far we have never stored ours as it has been Insitu ever since it was made. If you look back in thread there is a picture with the leg folded. Hope this helps.
Bb

Thanks, I forgot about it and was just looking at the more recent posts. :) Not so sure I'd want to keep it in situ when driving (which got me thinking about storing it) as I don't fancy it moving (the table top) in the event of an accident.

Thanks, I forgot about it and was just looking at the more recent posts. :) Not so sure I'd want to keep it in situ when driving (which got me thinking about storing it) as I don't fancy it moving (the table top) in the event of an accident.
Yes can understand that, we are looking at maybe anchoring it to the floor rail when traveling. It would definitely fit under the flexiboard i dont think it would take up much room if you laid it flat.

So..... Table (titanium with dark grey edging) and reimo leg arrived from Clearcut Conversations, and the rail retainers from VW.....

Went to B&Q and bought some washers, screws and brackets..... Had some gorilla tape in the house already....

06E30D29-84A9-4F93-B864-FFD57E96D8D9.jpeg
1F36D892-C25D-4532-B8A8-1F4F80993A20.jpeg
5ED761FB-1A5D-452C-BC4E-1278945844A1.jpeg
D39257DB-BF50-4D24-9B58-756AFAC97F86.jpeg
BFD5E247-9C23-415C-AC4F-B51AE85D36AB.jpeg
A388F7EE-2E1A-4935-A90E-FDA1AE1CAB3C.jpeg

Looks like it’ll be a handy addition to the Beach! Will experiment with downstairs bed made-up over the wkend.

Looks like it’ll be a handy addition to the Beach! Will experiment with downstairs bed made-up over the wkend.[/QUOTE]

Top job! You’ve gotta be pleased with that. If word gets around, I think Clearcut conversions might be into a winner here.. perhaps they could supply one ready to go.

I will be interested to know how it works with the bed.

I was able to leave the mini-table in-situ, no problems rotating seats of making bed up. There is adequate clearence for the comfort mattress also....

This is my OHs side of the bed.... She’s 5”6” so her feet shouldn’t hit the table at the end of the bed.....

It’s a lovely position, in the front rotated seat.... With enough table-top to make a brew, without having to make the lower bed up first.....

Thanks again to the contributors for this great idea....

258F5F8E-4990-439B-ABFB-2462D4D535A8.jpeg
BF468C01-A04C-481D-ABCA-A00695975163.jpeg
1B28606E-2B3A-4A4B-B451-58BB0DA578C2.jpeg
093DEA13-D7FE-4D84-BBA1-8E824B55CBF0.jpeg

^ ive just got one thanks to @Jonathan Duke's recommendation .... you won't believe how well it fits and no probs with the handbrake. Two chickens for the dog fit in a treat, for those without a dog or the stomach for two chooks a couple of clever indentations allow a bottle of wine to stand upright .

This is just another job on my Cali list of to do’s:headbang

Looks great.
Question, why not get hold of the proper VW bracket and fit to the underside of table...???

Back