Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hubbys Handmade side/snack drink bar for the beach

Does the seat swivel without having to move the Fridge, and what’s the handbrake access / operation like? Great job on the table.

Fridge needs to slide back into the van, before the seats can be rotated, it’s an easy job.

Handbrake operation is fine, there is plenty of “hand-room” on the drivers-seat side of the hand-brake to operate. It would be better if VW used an electric handbrake tho, and placed the button for same elsewhere.

That’s a shame.
Little bit bonkers that the bracket can’t be bought.
I think its because they are riveted to the table in factory and its not possible to re-rivet once the table is assembled.

I really want to do this to my Slidepod table but I dont want the connector permanently out as I still need to use it on the rail on the slidepod.

Does the leg detatch at all from the table top?

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I was mulling over where to store it as we have the 3 seat bench, so no box available. I wonder if a removable leg would make storage simpler?

The leg and the flange that connects to the table are actually two separate parts and join together as a socket at the top of the leg. If you pull them hard enough they detatch. It’s not easy to do first time and I wouldn’t advise trying it with the leg fixed to the table otherwise you may rip the screws out of the table.
I pulled them apart then ran a file over the ‘male’ part of the socket which made separating them a lot easier. After doing all that I fitted the leg to the table and it’s a simple job to remove the leg now, although like others I leave the table in situ to be honest.

As a result of theses posting I too felt I needed a table. I have used it for a while but only now is my van in a almost tidy state so I can add the pictures. I use (well my husband used) a chopping board with clips from VW and fitted a removable mono-pod as a leg. Thanks everyone for inspiration and information.
table1 - Copy.jpg table2 - Copy.jpg table3 - Copy.jpg

As a result of theses posting I too felt I needed a table. I have used it for a while but only now is my van in a almost tidy state so I can add the pictures. I use (well my husband used) a chopping board with clips from VW and fitted a removable mono-pod as a leg. Thanks everyone for inspiration and information.
View attachment 36024 View attachment 36025 View attachment 36026
Barbara that looks a super job,like the tidy fixing for the brackets, we would certainly be lost without ours, so far the most useful addition we have made to our beach.

inspired me to do this. 1 piece of bamboo shelving from ikea for 11 quid. 2 vw table clips and an old adjustable table leg from b and q. i can remove the leg to store it in the boot using a couple of nuts. I suppose wing nuts would be better.

20180807_160432.jpg

20180807_155414.jpg

We start our 10 day tour of the west coast of UK on Friday, so we will be doing this mod when we get back looking forward to it.

My husband and I have made a side table for our 2016 beach.
It saved us getting the big table out, and is handy for making a brew, putting your drink on or a lap top on to watch dvds.
It's made from aluminium with rounded corners and 2 cup holders for our ecoffee cups.
It fits perfectly in the table slot holder and does not slide about.
Easy to store in the back pocket of the front seats.
Not ideal for sitting on but it's fairly robust and my drink doesn't slide around on it very much.
Ideal for the kids to play a small board game in to.
I'm really pleased with the outcome.
I also make the VW cushion covers if you go to handmade in Haworth on face book.
What do you guys think to it?

View attachment 17896

View attachment 17897

View attachment 17898

View attachment 17899
It looks like lots of people are now making a table. The initial idea is important, thank you for getting people interested in making a table . Mine is very useful.

Stage one retaining brackets on wooden board with channels routed out....next stage fixing board to table in exact position.
Note ... I used measurements from earlier in the thread to place brackets.
c47a56cecff70906ce33504fce0ad292.jpg
7bfb324f6a2fa711fd23445e64654693.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah our table is complete, not without its errors but feels stable and looking forward to having a brew on it!

Thanks everyone for their hints and tips on here!
46ef5930e7e49bc5e784e714a74a84ce.jpg
56e57e6de719af2982fca6462b8eb1a6.jpg

Hi @Melanie Day
This looks really great -- please might you be willing to post the measurements for the bracket placement here please? (so that the storage box can open) -- sorry can't see them in the thread.
thanks

:)

Hi @Melanie Day
This looks really great -- please might you be willing to post the measurements for the bracket placement here please? (so that the storage box can open) -- sorry can't see them in the thread.
thanks

Hi The measurements are on page 2 of this thread towards the bottom hope that helps

I got the measurements from beachybird is post #35 in this thread. Just remember when you measure that you will be flipping the table over when it's in place so check you have the short space after bracket towards the seat side.
Hi @Melanie Day
thanks

Thanks for that, most appreciated.

Do you know the measurement from the black clip on end of the bracket to the table edge?
i.e. how much does it stick out?

Back