Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hybrid Ford

I can’t read German, so what’s the gist of the hybrid part please?

The rest certainly seems “California-inspired”.

It’s running the 1.0l ecoboost with a 50km pure electric range, the engine also acting as a range extender to make it town friendly.

MPG will be interesting but great to see companies trying to get under these insane tax limits

It’s running the 1.0l ecoboost with a 50km pure electric range, the engine also acting as a range extender to make it town friendly.

MPG will be interesting but great to see companies trying to get under these insane tax limits
Explain how an engine running to fill up the batteries is town fiendlier than just driving that engine into town?
I have a 2 liter diesel engine that is hardly enough to get the ride going uphill. I don't want to find out how half that engine will cope. And that 50 km pure electric range won't help either taking the French A75 from Clermont Ferrand to Millau. It will help boosting that half engine for a couple of km's, but surely not enough for some of that miles of climbing up at 100 km/h. Then you will have to get behind a truck, doing 50 km/h if you are lucky.

Explain how an engine running to fill up the batteries is town fiendlier than just driving that engine into town?
I have a 2 liter diesel engine that is hardly enough to get the ride going uphill. I don't want to find out how half that engine will cope. And that 50 km pure electric range won't help either taking the French A75 from Clermont Ferrand to Millau. It will help boosting that half engine for a couple of km's, but surely not enough for some of that miles of climbing up at 100 km/h. Then you will have to get behind a truck, doing 50 km/h if you are lucky.
Might be simpler to fit a rear frame with rubber pads and a sign saying 'PUSH PLEASE' and let a truck push you up the hill. Multilingual sign for European travel.

I think you need to read up on the technicalities of the modern Self Charging Hybrid.

No need to. The system charges the battery while driving, but also uses battery while driving, making it possible to drive pure electric, but at one moment the battery will be dead and needed to be recharged, and if that happens when you enter a city, after a long uphill climb using all of your battery to get up there, you are not environmental friendly driving around in that city with your "ecological" engine.

No need to. The system charges the battery while driving, but also uses battery while driving, making it possible to drive pure electric, but at one moment the battery will be dead and needed to be recharged, and if that happens when you enter a city, after a long uphill climb using all of your battery to get up there, you are not environmental friendly driving around in that city with your "ecological" engine.
But the biggest problem with a normal Fossil fuel engine is that its speed is variable and that causes the problem with emission control , with the self charging hybrid the Fossil fuel engine can be run at its most efficient speed, constantly, and thus emission control is much easier to manage and more efficient that it can be significantly cleaner when running, almost as efficient/clean as the Electricity production methods used to charge an All Electric vehicle. At least it doesn't use SF6 gas, unlike the Wind Turbine and Solar Farm systems do at present.