Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Options Options Options

Can you start the parking heater remotely via the Connect App, not owners yet.
No idea. I have a Remote. Works from at least 1/4 mile. Furthest was 1 mile in line of sight.

N° 1

When i looked it seems that they only come with 2 sliding rails now,
so one option must be to have the 3 sliding rails - i think that was about 80€
or the rail and seat at about 580€.

I would get the extra rail just for the resale value of the van having it.
Also if you ever needed one you could pick one up on here.

N° 5 I would tick - but thats just me.

N° 4 Not needed if you have the heater with remote.

On the discussion of third rail, I've got no near future need for it (only one child just now) so thinking aesthetically the floor would look better without a random third rail in it. So perhaps pass on that until it is absolutely needed. Subject to how easy it is to retrofit of course. Anyone know if it is easy to install in future? I'd imagine it needs bolting to some sort of frame work for safety reasons.

On the discussion of third rail, I've got no near future need for it (only one child just now) so thinking aesthetically the floor would look better without a random third rail in it. So perhaps pass on that until it is absolutely needed. Subject to how easy it is to retrofit of course. Anyone know if it is easy to install in future? I'd imagine it needs bolting to some sort of frame work for safety reasons.

Easier to have the third rail fitted from new.

You should have to cut or change the floor for the 3rd rail, but I think the bolting holes should be present. If not, you'd have to make holes in the body of the van, having the possibility of rust.
Everything is possible, but all depends on your will to do/have it and money.

Its an 80€ option to have the 3rd rail fitted when new.

I don't think you could have it retro fitted for anywhere near that price.
Easy to get carried away with the options and you might never need a 5th
seat but when i saw the cost i thought that i would tick that box as when it comes
to selling time, for sure, the first punters who come to view will ask if it can seat 5. :)

Only my opinion by the way, happy configurating.

7. Built-in cupboard - "Cubpoards in 'graphite grey' with outdoor shower connection" - Thought this was pretty handy but with the hefty £348 price tank, I thought I could buy a mobile hand pump one.

See this useful video on the shower attachment.

I didn't have it on my first van, now have it on the current one. It was an option I really wanted, as I do a bike race series during the winter months. Perfect for washing the bike down.

In two years, I've used it once.

When you're cold and wet, it's just easier to load the bikes on the back and sort it out when I get home.

Enjoyed that video :D

It's as if he's never fitted a bayonet light bulb

If you want a 5th seat you need the third rail. That's the only reason we had it. For our next van we plan a 4 motion as the 5th seat sadly no longer needed. We have the heated front windscreen and love it. We also have the side scanner and would have that next time too. Invaluable

Back