Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ice Ice Baby.....Game changer!

I know. I suppose if I could do everything in the van which I can do at home I might as well just stay at home. First night tinkling ice is assured by taking some ice cubes in my flask. 2nd night beer, wine, cider etc etc. There are so many alternative ways for me to get sloshed!

Morrisons are selling cans of G+T or Pimms for £10 for 10 cans. Couldn't decide so bought a pack of each. Roll on Brean Sands :thumb

These bags are great. We are using them for the first time this weekend after reading the original post. It is indeed a game changer. I don't fuss too much over the hanging of it tho'. I just fill it up, and wedge it at the back behind my bottle of gin and/or tonic. Need to keep the fridge cold tho'. Our milk/juice was a bit frosty this morning!

As we are talking one of my favorite drinks here , hijacking this tread ....
Does any of you recconise this rather old 10cl botlle of WEBSTON'S gin?
Very old with a metal cap on ....still sealed . Got in on a fleamarket .
I am thinking about opening it and tase it , other i try and sell it to a collector.
Does anyone has a clue how old this is?
@sidepod
Btw great idea on how to make cubes in the cali fridge....
IMG_5238.JPG
IMG_5239.JPG

WTAF? Rather you than me.

Went to a local Xmas market today and got myself a gift box with some nice Donkey shaped ice cube moldings .
The Strange Donkey gin (winter edition) only recent got a gold medal .
It's very local and houses only a few km. from our home .
They always make smal (numberd) batch
http://www.strangedonkeygin.com/welcome#introduction
IMG_6816.JPG
Btw , the old botlle in the post above i sold to a collector...

Last edited:
I love that!!! Where can I get some?

I love that!!! Where can I get some?
Look at the link above
Don't think you'l find it in shops in the UK , it's even rare in shops here in Belgium.
This link is online sales thru a drinkwarehouse
https://wijn-drankenhandel.be/catalogsearch/result/?q=strange
Went to a small gin-tasting just recent (tasted 8 diffrent gins given with some info) and seems Belgium got a lot of smal gin makers/brand witch some get very high points at international fairs .

Last edited:
so we love our G&T and wonder if there is a practical solution to having ice on hand on our travels. Anybody got a solution

There's an old thread somewhere. Some folk use the ice cube bags you can buy from Tesco and hang them down the 'back' side of the fridge in the Ocean. If we're just going away for a couple of nights, we take ice cubes in a soup flask with a wide top (never gets used for soup any more!). Or you can just go to the supermarket and buy a big bag of ice for about a quid. It stays icy for a lot of gin and tonics, then you fall over and go to bed and find a pool of water in the washing up bowl next morning!

To be a bit cleaner we have a Beach so no fridge.... has anybody looked into a 12v Ice maker

It stays icy for a lot of gin and tonics, then you fall over and go to bed and find a pool of water in the washing up bowl next morning!

We must buy ice from the same shop! Happens to us all the time.

To be a bit cleaner we have a Beach so no fridge.... has anybody looked into a 12v Ice maker
If you have a compressor cool box you can lower the thermostat to a level that will freeze water and use an ice cube maker as seen on ebay etc. Of course anything in said cool box will also freeze!

Ally. (Less weight) ;)

Recently had my fridge refurbished by Penguin after a compressor leak.
It’s making ice on setting 5. :cool:
Check ma bad self.......owwwww

Recently had my fridge refurbished by Penguin after a compressor leak.
It’s making ice on setting 5. :cool:
Check ma bad self.......owwwww

Gotta love those fridges. We’ve used ours to bring ice cream back from the Lakes and it hadn’t turned into milkshake by the time we got home. Might give this ice cube trick a bash for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. On level 5. My fridge averages about 5 degrees Celsius. (Ignore the date on the bottom) I tend to only keep a bottle of champagne in there for whenever needed so it would probably switch less often if the fridge was full.

60300078-A40B-4ECD-A0E7-210E7FBFD39E.png

Back