Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ice Ice Baby.....Game changer!

Now Im interested to know how you measured this. An electric thermomether in the fridge and you taking notes every day :)? Or does teh T6 show fridge temp and can you export it somehow?

Now Im interested to know how you measured this. An electric thermomether in the fridge and you taking notes every day :)? Or does teh T6 show fridge temp and can you export it somehow?
Its very simple and cheap I had a spare one at home already.
Stuck above the fridge with Velcro. The probe I placed between the aluminium and the ice cube bag.
The Ice cube bag is against the fridge wall then the probe then the aluminium sheet.
No notes taken I just popped it in and watched the temp come down. I knew when it was 1 or 2c below freezing that they would be ready. Approx 3 hours on my first attempt.
You don't need the thermometer but I like watching things like this. It was a sunny day too fridge was on max for the experiment. I was also watching my Victron Bluetooth controller keeping up with the batteries on float all the way.
And of course we celebrated with a G&T.:thumb:cheers:bananadance2

Its very simple and cheap I had a spare one at home already.
Stuck above the fridge with Velcro. The probe I placed between the aluminium and the ice cube bag.
The Ice cube bag is against the fridge wall then the probe then the aluminium sheet.
No notes taken I just popped it in and watched the temp come down. I knew when it was 1 or 2c below freezing that they would be ready. Approx 3 hours on my first attempt.
You don't need the thermometer but I like watching things like this. It was a sunny day too fridge was on max for the experiment. I was also watching my Victron Bluetooth controller keeping up with the batteries on float all the way.
And of course we celebrated with a G&T.:thumb:cheers:bananadance2
thanks for the explanation. Will have a loo, cause it seems handy

I have a Bluetooth sensor in the fridge, internally in the van and an external one. An app on my phone will give me the details and draw a graph.

8BB8B3D7-3F68-40D5-9785-A1A905044403.png

I changed the setting to 6 on the control panel and now have an average temperature of about 3 degrees Celsius.
68AC73A7-CA1C-46DD-B505-31BA3CC95D04.png

What you boys and girls need is one of these:

20200518_093114.jpg

It sat in the boot of our Beach all throughout the grand kids' summer hols last year, permanently set at -22 degrees and rammed to the gunwales with ice creams. It also proved very popular with the staff at SMG Tonbridge. Ideal for ice and gin.

I have a Bluetooth sensor in the fridge, internally in the van and an external one. An app on my phone will give me the details and draw a graph.

View attachment 59487

I changed the setting to 6 on the control panel and now have an average temperature of about 3 degrees Celsius.
View attachment 59488

That’s awesome, I love stats like that, do you have a link to the sensors you’re using?

E7E06377-4691-4D49-A2FD-4101EECEC4D5.jpeg
Maybe not tinkley enough but it seemed like overkill to buy a freezer for the boot just to make ice for G&Ts...

Back