Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID Buzz

Probably a first. But I quite liked the look of the undercover livery, they should offer it out as an option.
If I was offered a white van, I would take it and get someone to design and fit this.

7723B765-D257-46F8-985D-112F17598D5E.jpeg

One trouble is have his having got used to really good residuals on our California"s. Is it financial suicide to fully load a BUZZ ? because l do like a good residual. After all at the end of the day, it's only a van with 5 seats.

VW love extras! Although the 1st editions will probably be very well spec’d as they will be after positive reviews. Downside is that also likely to get all the teething issues and time spent at the dealer - unless they can do it the Tesla way where any fixes / updates are done over WIFI at home.

Hopefully VW won’t try to upsell by trying to add service packs etc on EV’s, as there is not much to service.

If the difference between base & fully spec’d is say £15k, then alot may instead look at investing that cash into home solar panels & home battery in order to lock into a 11pkw energy price (octopus/Tesla tariff), to reduce running costs & pay less for their home electric.

Last edited:
Stop it. You’re making me want one.

There’s a queue.
Well according to Volkswagen there is and us mugs that fell for it.
I can’t walk past a tea towel with a T1 or T2 print on it and not feel compelled to buy it…:headbang

Makes you wonder how we will manage when they are talking about issues now regarding just electricity provision. Throw in another million cars in the next few years and forget boiling the kettle?? Mad rushing without thinking.

Hopefully VW won’t try to upsell by trying to add service packs etc on EV’s, as there is not much to service.
I’m sure the Great minds of the Motoring world have thought of many many ways to relive you of your cash going forward, not just the switch to EV, which is a free Cash Cow for vehicle manufacturers IMO.

The whole industry need to ensure dealer visits continue, otherwise BYE BYE dealer networks,

Franchised networks generally run on large turn over to make a profit.

If that traditional business model of rinse repeat changes, (it will) expect less staff in Dealerships and Uber expensive charges when something does go wrong with long waits to get your vehicle back.

The traditional skill sets employed in many of the commercial sets ups, has been built up over decades, from dealers to vehicle repair, recovery etc etc will have to make changes to staffing, training and equipment, tools very very quickly, whom Is going to be paying for that forced transition?

Maybe the reality will be the catalyst for Hydrogen powered vehicles. I know I would love to skip EV and step into a Hindenburg

Maybe the reality will be the catalyst for Hydrogen powered vehicles. I know I would love to skip EV and step into a Hindenburg
Try this for size. 414 mile range, however, they recommend living within 15 miles of a charge station, I don’t manage that for a petrol station

they recommend living within 15 miles of a charge station
I wonder why...

Seems to me that Hydrogen may well prove to be the future for commercial vehicles (think Grand California) and trucks. Will be interesting to see what energy storage solution the future electric California will have

I wonder why...

Seems to me that Hydrogen may well prove to be the future for commercial vehicles (think Grand California) and trucks. Will be interesting to see what energy storage solution the future electric California will have
Most likely a convenience factor. This was probably part of focus group testing with the consensus being 15 miles as the furthest an owner might be prepared to travel to gas up. Looks like you're fine if you live in London or Birmingham. Hydrogen infrastructure has a long way to go but should be quite easy to install on the forecourts of existing petrol stations once the decision is made by Gov to go down that route.

One of these hydrogen cars would look great sitting the driveway until 2035 when we have a refuelling station within 15 miles. We do have super fast EV charging points within a mile so it going to have to be EV for the foreseeable future.

EV with a camping kitchen; Can't be long before someone comes up with a full electric campervan:

1656592693063.png
1656592825933.png

EV with a camping kitchen; Can't be long before someone comes up with a full electric campervan:

View attachment 95356
View attachment 95357

Did you see them mentioned on Top Gear Sunday.
Can’t remember the company value. $1.2b yet to turn a profit…???

Most likely a convenience factor. This was probably part of focus group testing with the consensus being 15 miles as the furthest an owner might be prepared to travel to gas up. Looks like you're fine if you live in London or Birmingham. Hydrogen infrastructure has a long way to go but should be quite easy to install on the forecourts of existing petrol stations once the decision is made by Gov to go down that route.
Hydrogen is a great fuel idea and several working examples covering fuel cells and ice versions produced. The question I have been asking re electric and hydrogen vehicles is "where is the energy to come from?" Hydrogen must be produced. The usual routes are via electrolysis or reforming a fossil fuel. The fossil fuel route us hardly co2 free so that leaves electrolysis. So to narrow down the question, where is all the electricity to come from? Hydrogen vehicles are great to drive, finding any fuel is a challenge and it will remain that way until someone pays a huge sum to significantly increase electricity production and in the 30 years I have been involved in non-fossil fuel vehicles there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Did you see them mentioned on Top Gear Sunday.
Can’t remember the company value. $1.2b yet to turn a profit…???

Think they have struggled with production costs over past few years. Ford bought shares & then sold some of them.

Hopefully they will succeed. They also do a 7 seater. Can’t see us getting one but nice to see something different.

0D39E570-213F-4C30-983C-6B0AF88A3682.png

The Buzz Config is live....:bananadance2

Are you serious, or am I stupid, because I can't see it yet?

Yeah.
I configured mine on my Mac last night. I will post link later, as handoff doesn’t seem to be working…

I've managed to get some info from the BUZZ configerator, but it was a bit of a struggle.
Two-tone paint £1800 , Assistance Package Plus inc Adaptive CC, Lane Keeping etc, Cameras × 4, and a load of other stuff, £1425, Charging cable mode 2 ? £190.
Can't seem to configure a complete vehicle and save the price.

I've managed to get some info from the BUZZ configerator, but it was a bit of a struggle.
Two-tone paint £1800 , Assistance Package Plus inc Adaptive CC, Lane Keeping etc, Cameras × 4, and a load of other stuff, £1425, Charging cable mode 2 ? £190.
They want you to request a quote. So I gave up.

Did you select the first edition?
I think two-tone paint yellow is standard in that edition.

Back