Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ignoring other users

andyinluton

andyinluton

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
How is the option for ignoring a user supposed to work? is it to ignore everything they post which is what I thought it would do, or is to ignore everything that is posted in a thread started by them? which is what appears to happen.

The new post counter also does not take into account things that are being ignored.

How is the option for ignoring a user supposed to work?
I think this option completely removes the posts of anyone you are ignoring, I have asked Adam to clarify this as I am still learning some of these features myself

( I assume if you are ignoring me, you won't see this post?)

No its not you, Its flashing Avatars that I am trying to avoid - was going to start a poll suggesting they were banned. I then noticed that some users had subtle movements that I find acceptable, its the strobe like effects that bring on migraines that I am desperate to avoid.

Andy, is my avatar ok? I will gladly change it if it's a problem.

No please don't change, yours is one of the subtle ones along with David Whites VW logo , I haven't had a problem with any ones until this morning.

I think I know who you are referring to, I will ask them to change it. I don't even think they are a real member anyway!

Back to the ignore function - Martin it looks like it currently removes from view any thread started by that person, not as we had both presumed any post by that person.

Ignoring a user, Doing so will remove their posts from your view , so if a thread has a user on your ignore list you simply wont see their posts, if they are the thread starter you will see their name started the thread but you will see the reset of the posts in that thread.

It is a flawed system at the moment because you can still see their name, in "latest posts" etc and it would be better for their entire thread not to show up but unfortunately the system is still in its infancy so not everything has been catered for.

I have however added a "not safe for work" addition to the forum , since your issue is with the avatars and not the people posts you can now go to your preferences :

http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/account/preferences

Scroll to the bottom, you will see a tick box for "All the time" and then below that "hide avatars" . This will then remove avatars from the site completely.

NSFW_screenshot_001.png

Please bear in mind that because avatars are used alot around the site it will cause the site to look less attractive.

Thats brilliant avatars hidden, problem solved, many thanks.

Martin I tend to agree with your comment re "non real members" there appears to be the odd person now joining and they stand out as being not real members I wondered what their motives are. Are these people who want something to do or are they" fishing" for our email address is there any risk from such members I guess unless they are not VIP members they can send private emails

These rogue accounts are quite odd as they are obviously real people. Normally the spammers will be robots and just post links to their websites.

The accounts in question are from Pakistan & Afganistan (according to their IP addresses) We are keeping an eye on them every time they post and have only kept them active out of curiosity to see what their motive is.

Like you say, only VIP members can now send PM's, we did change this as spammers were sending bulk messages to people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back