Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Import into Sweden

It has quite a high mileage. It is possible to find a cali with lower and only slightly more expensive. We bought our 2012 for approx 40000 EUR with only 12000 km. It is a 140 hp but happy with that. Just came back from a 7500 km trip fully packed with 4 people and 4 bikes. The power is enough.

10,000 Euros more you can find a whole lot a nice Cali' with lower miles :)

Some of the prices people ask on Blocket is insanse so it's going to be sourced from outside Sweden.

Ok so the amount of superb Cali's available on this forum compared to the derth of stuff on mobile.de and autoscout has got me thinking that RHD in Sweden isn't such a bad idea, I mean the latest DSG 4M T5 on here I would buy right now, but what are the shortcomings over just being on the wrong side, I assume head lights need replacing or can they be tweaked?

Ok so the amount of superb Cali's available on this forum compared to the derth of stuff on mobile.de and autoscout has got me thinking that RHD in Sweden isn't such a bad idea, I mean the latest DSG 4M T5 on here I would buy right now, but what are the shortcomings over just being on the wrong side, I assume head lights need replacing or can they be tweaked?
Xenon or LED an be adjusted. Halogen replaced. Rear Fog Light would have to be rewired as only the R side is wired up in the UK, but a simple job. Speedo, although there is a KM Display if that is acceptable.
Advantage - Sliding door and Drivers door on the same side.

Yeah I'm looking at Xexon spec vans so hopefully just a single visit to VW when I come over :)

I think also the GBP is sliding alot too, we moved over here 18m ago and it was 12.2 sek, now it's 10.4 so UK Vans looks great value.

As far as driving on the wrong side is concerned, I've been driving RHD vehicles in France for at least a couple of months a year, for the last 20 years - mostly in a Land Rover Discovery.

The high driving position of a Land Rover, same as a T5 or T6, goes a long way to mitigate the fact that sitting in the wrong side sometimes compromises your view of the road. I occasionally have to exercise patience rather than overtaking on single carriageway roads, but not often enough for it to be a big problem.

Importing a British van sounds like a great way for you to get a bargain, with very little downside.

Back