Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

this whole thread is shocking. I feel for the new buyers. I still love the cali and I will buy one again. best thing I ever owned...why I ever had a car only my younger self knows the answer there.hope you all get sorted soon. as for pollution ....can we turn left at red lights? get rid of speed humps? turn traffic lights off between midnight and 5 am? surely nox would come down then? but no......

this whole thread is shocking. I feel for the new buyers. I still love the cali and I will buy one again. best thing I ever owned...why I ever had a car only my younger self knows the answer there.hope you all get sorted soon. as for pollution ....can we turn left at red lights? get rid of speed humps? turn traffic lights off between midnight and 5 am? surely nox would come down then? but no......
I have to agree on all of this...
Hoping not to derail the thread but I have to add, that a major artery between a town center and motorway junction where I live had traffic lights installed in about 1980/82. It was reasonably painless until then but now it's a pain most hours. Granted traffic will have increased since the installation but wait.....
In the last 4 years I have witnessed the lights breaking down on no fewer than 5 occasions and at the start of the evening rush period there has been no queue off the slip road, no queue towards the junction from either direction, just drivers negotiating the lack of control very courteously. When they work, my journey through this section takes 3 times longer on a good day.
:Iamsorry:offtopic Rant over.

I have to agree on all of this...
Hoping not to derail the thread but I have to add, that a major artery between a town center and motorway junction where I live had traffic lights installed in about 1980/82. It was reasonably painless until then but now it's a pain most hours. Granted traffic will have increased since the installation but wait.....
In the last 4 years I have witnessed the lights breaking down on no fewer than 5 occasions and at the start of the evening rush period there has been no queue off the slip road, no queue towards the junction from either direction, just drivers negotiating the lack of control very courteously. When they work, my journey through this section takes 3 times longer on a good day.
:Iamsorry:offtopic Rant over.
the point is mate as you know is that other things can be done to reduce pollution . but they don't do it. that's what boils my wee wee. sitting at red lights at 3 am with engine running. sitting at lights when I could go left. speed humps causing me to slow and speed up.

Jay phoned me this afternoon to introduce himself as my case worker and said that my Cali, scheduled build week 50 and scheduled for delivery to me 1st March, is at the German port and as soon as VW get the NOx thumbs up (hopefully early next week) they have a plan in place to speed up the usual four-week lead-time. He works Tues-Sat so I guess there'll be no official news on Monday. He also said that the Order Tracker on the VW website won't work for any delayed Calis as it would constantly have alarm bells ringing that things were behind schedule. I echo others' comments; he's an absolute star who's been put into a difficult position and as the face (voice?) of VW in this country he's doing an excellent job.

Hello everyone, I heard today my seller who told me that my vehicle is already built and is in Hannover waiting for the new approval update for the new European directives for emissions of nox and Co2.
They assured him that it will arrive mid / late March.
Who knows if I can use it for Easter? :rolleyes:

I ordered at the end of September, and it's only supposed to go into build early March... Lucky you!!

To all of us diesel owners: the highest administrative Court in Leipzig just agreed with the lower Courts of Stuttgart and Düsseldorf to ban Diesel cars in their city centers. It's seen as an important juridical precedent to ban them also in other (German) inner cities. The right of ownership is judged of less importance than the environmental protection.The government is now urged to come up asap with a new (technical?) solution to solve this 'coup'.
Come and see next month....

Last edited:
Just to clarify.....the news item i read indicated that it not all Diesel cars just older Diesel cars. What the cut off point is who knows.

To all of us diesel owners: the highest administrative Court in Leipzig just agreed with the lower Courts of Stuttgart and Düsseldorf to ban Diesel cars in their city centers. It's seen as an important juridical precedent to ban them also in other (German) inner cities. The right of ownership is judged of less importance than the environmental protection.The government is now urged asap to come up with a new (technical?) solution to solve this 'coup'.

To all of us diesel owners: the highest administrative Court in Leipzig just agreed with the lower Courts of Stuttgart and Düsseldorf to ban Diesel cars in their city centers. It's seen as an important juridical precedent to ban them also in other (German) inner cities. The right of ownership is judged of less importance than the environmental protection.The government is now urged asap to come up with a new (technical?) solution to solve this 'coup'.

Perhaps Ezio will be less disagreeable with my comment in post #601 :(

Perhaps Ezio will be less disagreeable with my comment in post #601 :(

El Greco, I understand all this scaremongering about diesel engines, but I personally do not understand why we insist on banning diesel in cities when large oil tankers pollute so much, not to mention airplanes or all road transport (trucks and road trains) ... that if they get caught up with the poor motorists, for me no problem. I will use my California mainly to travel to places where nature is the master, Croatia and all the Italian coasts, as well as the beautiful Italian Dolomites .... the most beautiful mountains in the world. If I really need to get close to a city where my Cali is not allowed to enter ... well ... I will park it out and enter with my electric bicycle. I do not feel anxious about ordering a diesel Cali, I will keep it until it will be possible, and then I will opt for the appropriate time and rules ......... it is important to always have a lot of enthusiasm In order to live well !!
Good to you and the readers of this spectacular forum !! ;)

El Greco, I understand all this scaremongering about diesel engines, but I personally do not understand why we insist on banning diesel in cities when large oil tankers pollute so much, not to mention airplanes or all road transport (trucks and road trains) ... that if they get caught up with the poor motorists, for me no problem. I will use my California mainly to travel to places where nature is the master, Croatia and all the Italian coasts, as well as the beautiful Italian Dolomites .... the most beautiful mountains in the world. If I really need to get close to a city where my Cali is not allowed to enter ... well ... I will park it out and enter with my electric bicycle. I do not feel anxious about ordering a diesel Cali, I will keep it until it will be possible, and then I will opt for the appropriate time and rules ......... it is important to always have a lot of enthusiasm In order to live well !!
Good to you and the readers of this spectacular forum !! ;)

I don't disagree with your sentiments. You are right that we don't necessarily have to go into city centers to enjoy the benefit of our wonderful vehicles. Whatever we feel about the rights and wrongs of policies to reduce pollution and their potential effectiveness, we cannot deny that authorities are taking certain actions. All I was doing was to inform the forum and not pass judgement or opinion. :)

This same kind of diesel-legislation is also installed or being installed in Antwerp, Brussels, Rotterdam, Lille, Paris, London,... They don't ban us all out overnight of course. While Stuttgart is preparing for a Euro6 limit probably after september, Antwerp is still working with day passes for Euro3's without filter ,... It's an obvious evolution, our cities are over-stressing by traffic density and suffocating from exhausts, whatever the oil tankers are doing out there.
Still, the idea of being limited with this symbol of freedom we're driving is always a bit sour.
Concerning the city/nature debate, one of the reasons we limited ourselves to a 2x2x5 volume was to be able to enter these city centers as well, amongst 'normal' cars, especially if it's our only vehicle. Often I use e.g. the Cali to transport big models into the town center, using the car to its essential versatility. I wouldn't mind though to pay extra to contribute to speed up environmental solutions like decent and affordable electric mobility. But give me 7 years before banning me, till the Auberg-ine retires ;-)
So let's hope they're working on an 'AdGreen' in the mean time!
DGxYD1FWsAA72ws.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so I'll put the cat amongst the pigeons.
CO2 triggers climate change. Whether caused by mankind or natural is besides the point.

Diesel Particulates and N2O cause health problems. In the UK supposedly contributing to 40,000 premature deaths/year. Diesel produces LESS CO2 compared with Petrol

Obesity, Diabetes and Dementia will increase the need for Nursing Home/Home Care places in the future.

Diesel, responsible for the 40,000 premature deaths ACTUALLY means a shortened life Span of 3 months for 40,000 people / year in the UK.

So 3 months LESS / year for 40,000 people to spend in Nursing Homes.

So BANNING Diesels will increase CO2 production as we turn to Petrol, will increase the need for Nursing Home Care. Public Transport will not be able to cope and certainly not be able to provide the scope of travel car owners enjoy at present, no more commuting, house prices in the commuter belt fall, communities degenerate etc: etc:.

I'm not against a gradual move away from carbon fuels but the Law of Unintentional Consequences has NOT yet set in.

eg: Governments promoted diesel at the expense of petrol as a way to fight the rise of environmental CO2 production a few years ago - and what's happened now?

Ok, so I'll put the cat amongst the pigeons.
CO2 triggers climate change. Whether caused by mankind or natural is besides the point.

Diesel Particulates and N2O cause health problems. In the UK supposedly contributing to 40,000 premature deaths/year. Diesel produces LESS CO2 compared with Petrol

Obesity, Diabetes and Dementia will increase the need for Nursing Home/Home Care places in the future.

Diesel, responsible for the 40,000 premature deaths ACTUALLY means a shortened life Span of 3 months for 40,000 people / year in the UK.

So 3 months LESS / year for 40,000 people to spend in Nursing Homes.

So BANNING Diesels will increase CO2 production as we turn to Petrol, will increase the need for Nursing Home Care. Public Transport will not be able to cope and certainly not be able to provide the scope of travel car owners enjoy at present, no more commuting, house prices in the commuter belt fall, communities degenerate etc: etc:.

I'm not against a gradual move away from carbon fuels but the Law of Unintentional Consequences has NOT yet set in.

eg: Governments promoted diesel at the expense of petrol as a way to fight the rise of environmental CO2 production a few years ago - and what's happened now?

... it was my understanding there would be no math :talktothehand

Hopefully a good outcome and vehicles rolling. A statement from VW would be appreciated.

We have a new Cali on order from SMC Tonbridge. At present we have not been given a delivery date from them despite placing an order back in September. We have now been told direct from VW commercial that the is an issue due to conformity which is effecting many T6’s and as yet we have no confirmed delivery date. Are anyone else experiencing similar issues?, it would be good to share, disappointment all round from VW and no compensation they have said really?

have you been away on another planet and missed another one of the biggest threads in this forums history? :)

We have a new Cali on order from SMC Tonbridge. At present we have not been given a delivery date from them despite placing an order back in September. We have now been told direct from VW commercial that the is an issue due to conformity which is effecting many T6’s and as yet we have no confirmed delivery date. Are anyone else experiencing similar issues?, it would be good to share, disappointment all round from VW and no compensation they have said really?
Morning Simon, you're not alone! This issue has been rumbling on for a while now.... Grab a brew and settle in for a morning reading the thread below

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/index.php?threads/22236/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sorry, it's this thread!!

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/index.php?threads/22236/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back