Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

We won’t be accepting our van without some sort of compensation. It’s registered but untaxed meaning that it will not be new when we receive it. Surely they can’t expect us to pay full price for a van that is 3 months old by the time we receive it?

We won’t be accepting our van without some sort of compensation. It’s registered but untaxed meaning that it will not be new when we receive it. Surely they can’t expect us to pay full price for a van that is 3 months old by the time we receive it?

Could not agree with you more VW get away with murder :mad:

I’m not involved in this so have not been following that closely but in my experience you should find it fairly easy to negotiate something such as an extended warranty, service deals or some after market options.

Mike

VW won't offer compensation, they don't need to as they are probably hoping some people will cancel as they will just put any cancelled vans on their forecourt with an increased price as there is going to be a massive shortage of Cali's at the busiest part of the year.

VW won't offer compensation, they don't need to as they are probably hoping some people will cancel as they will just put any cancelled vans on their forecourt with an increased price as there is going to be a massive shortage of Cali's at the busiest part of the year.
A slightly cynical view but I like it as it also helps immediate second hand values and maybe into the future!!

Not just VW.
But their sister company Porsche have now pulled diesels from their line up.
Who’s next...???

I’m not involved in this so have not been following that closely but in my experience you should find it fairly easy to negotiate something such as an extended warranty, service deals or some after market options.

QUOTE]
Agreed.

In 2016 our new Ocean arrived missing the centre rail in the floor to mount the optional fifth seat (front wheel drive).

We had never specified a fifth seat or had any wish for one; however VWCS still stated it was a fault and took it upon themselves to order a replacement van and give us unlimited use of the first one in the meantime (five months).

Both case officer and dealer were brilliant throughout and kept in close contact with us all the way; very hard to fault.

Some cashback was thrown in as goodwill and all our associated travel costs for the changeover were also covered. This was offered without any customer pressure, and despite VW having to absorb two subsequent price increases in their internal numbers when financing the replacement.

The point I'm making is that unless their customer relations policy has radically changed recently, there is bound to be some sort of assistance VWCS will be prepared to offer customers being messed around by this protracted emissions saga. I personally wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

Last edited:
Apologies if this is old news but ive just had my first correspondence from VW stating:

"The Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles brand has identified a conformity
of production issue with respect to T6 models with diesel engines and
passenger car registration (known as ‘M1registration’).

We anticipate that the issue will soon be resolved via a technical measure,
and we plan to implement that measure in your vehicle before it is delivered
to you. Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has already informed the
German Federal Motor Transport Authority (the KBA), the relevant
regulator for this vehicle, about the situation. Conformity of production
issues occur from time to time within the automotive industry.

The Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles brand has taken the precaution
of suspending delivery of new vehicles with corresponding diesel engines
up until a technical solution has been implemented. The vehicle you ordered
is among the models affected by this measure."

I ordered a 204 DSG.

Cheers

Phil

I do feel awfully bad for all you folk waiting for your Calis with the current issues and no end in sight. I was just scrolling through Twitter (it's wet outside so no constitutional this afternoon after getting soaked on my run this morning!) and happened upon this, retweeted by Andrew Neil. I know it's not funny really, but it tickled my sense of humour in the current atmos:Twit.png

Who wanted a Porsche diesel anyway? All we want is the press and politicians stop demonising diesel until they know how to dispose of the battery pollution which might make diesels the lesser of two evils.

Who wanted a Porsche diesel anyway? All we want is the press and politicians stop demonising diesel until they know how to dispose of the battery pollution which might make diesels the lesser of two evils.

I hear you.
But Volkswagen own Porsche and a lot of technology etc is shared across the platforms.
Audi, Porsche, Volkswagen, Skoda and Seat.

It’s a real concern IMO.
Thus it’s all related in one way or another

Did they say which February?

The danish vw importer, says that vehicles is being send from Germany in the start of Feb. 2018 :)

Nobody went to the dealer to ask for explanations ?? o_O

I went to my dealer again last week. He confirmed that my build was scheduled for week 9 and delivery approximately a month later. This earlier than I was initially told, maybe because of all the cancelled orders related to this problem, haha. However, their once prominent T6 display which disappeared in December has not yet returned. I haven't tried to order another one, but all the diesel engines are still available on the configurator. Then again, only diesel engines are available in the California here in CH, so they'd have to remove the model entirely from their lineup.

If it's three months old why not suggest that the dealer sell it to you as an ex-demonstrator........ with a very healthy discount of course. Usually, they will only keep their demo vans for three months before selling them on.

Spoke to Ismahil on live chat today, my California Ocean is still shown as a confirmed build week 4. Has not changed now for about three weeks. I asked him if VW any nearer resolving the emission problems? His response was: We are waiting for a response from the factory in the next couple of weeks.

So it seems we have even longer to wait for a resolution.

I spoke to Jay on 16th Feb. He said he was expecting the registration to begin soon and will call me 23rd Feb with an update. I asked Jay "is it plausible that no technical fix will be found to resolve the issue that is preventing the M1 diesels becoming compliant with the Euro 6 real world test?" His reply was an unequivocal "no it was not plausible and a technical fix will be found." I have no reason to doubt he was being sincere and honest. I only hope the person(s) briefing Jay are being sincere and honest too. Just need to wait and see what happens.

I spoke to Jay on 16th Feb. He said he was expecting the registration to begin soon and will call me 23rd Feb with an update. I asked Jay "is it plausible that no technical fix will be found to resolve the issue that is preventing the M1 diesels becoming compliant with the Euro 6 real world test?" His reply was an unequivocal "no it was not plausible and a technical fix will be found." I have no reason to doubt he was being sincere and honest. I only hope the person(s) briefing Jay are being sincere and honest too. Just need to wait and see what happens.

Thank you, the first bit of clarity in this thread for ages.

As I am unaffected (although I do appreciate that my own vehicle may at sometime be recalled for modification) I can't yet see the need for panic mode. VW are having to be ultra careful on emission settings for the merest whiff of non-compliance will bring fiddle-gate back into front row viewing. They have identified a problem. They have proposed a fix. The compliance authority are rumbling on approving that fix. The compliance authority themselves are also under heavy scrutiny, as are the politicians standing accused of allowing diesel engines to poison our children for decades.

No one is going to rush: backsides will be covered in every material available between teflon and kevlar. A few hundred pissed off customers are not going to cause the worlds first or second largest car maker into making a rash move and beyond that the industry that fuels the world's third or fourth largest economy is not going to be rocked again.

The annoyance, the disgrace, through all of this is VW's arrogant dismissal of customer concerns as exhibited by a total lack of transparent communication.

Back