Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

Hmmm,
I wasn't caught up in the delays I just got mine just in time.
But many forum members have frequently mentioned the arrogance VW display towards their customer base.
In this instance they lacked the level of communication expected by customers and with the above post from the spokesperson, it seems that the point the 'many forum members' have made has genuine foundation beyond any individual experiences they had that has prompted their judgement call.

Last edited:
@Jay Mitchell, you were very good to me and I always thought that you sounded like a genuine guy. It’s such a shame that you ended up playing the middle man.

Best of luck and welcome :thanks:welcome

Thanks, unfortunately being genuine prevents me from working there!
And there' lots of places paying more! Should have listened to the old adage, never meet your heroes! I was the only person there with a campervan tattoo!

Guys....what have we been told about belieiving peoples identity of socila media! The Jay above may well be 'our' Jay however at this point we dont have any proof.....similar to the many scaremonger stories that appeared on this thread during this saga. If the Jay above is 'our' Jay well thank you for everything you did, we are really grateful. I just urge caution and roll on those vouchers!

Hi all, I'm the infamous Jay. I no longer work for VW, I can only apologise for all the chaos that has been going on. Your vouchers will get to you, keep calling and they will speed the bosses up to get them out.
Everything I told anyone was true as far as I was told, the fact I no longer work there says a lot about how I felt this was dealt with! Thank you all for being patient with me!

Hi Jay,
Sure it can’t have been an easy few months for you and Ive got to say that we are very grateful for all you did for us during such uncertain times. Good luck for the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, unfortunately being genuine prevents me from working there!
And there' lots of places paying more! Should have listened to the old adage, never meet your heroes! I was the only person there with a campervan tattoo!

Hi Jay

You were very good to us, and our dealer thought you were to them as well, so thanks.

Do you know how many people were actually affected by this, and how many cancelled their orders?

Hope you find / have found another role somewhere quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprisingly few cancelled, I didn' deal with many fleet or finance vehicles though. We had 259 customers, again not including fleet or finance customers.
I understand the caution calicatcher, I would like to a ure you I am the real Jay. If you contact customer services they will tell you I have left the business.
I' happy to answer anything, and I can stop saying that out legal people need to check the wording, and at least I don' have to be quite so woolly now!

Hi All - Just to say I've started getting a little more forceful today with VWCS regarding the promised £250. In two days time, we'll have had our van for two months!

Hi All - Just to say I've started getting a little more forceful today with VWCS regarding the promised £250. In two days time, we'll have had our van for two months!
Did you get anywhere with them?

We’ve had our van for 6 weeks. Have contacted VWCS via online chat and email. Finally got this last week:

“Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles regarding the High Street vouchers.

The vouchers are in the process of being allocated to customers and are due to be dispatched and delivered to customers’ addresses.

Please allow some time for the vouchers to arrive to your address.”

Doesn’t say much, does it? We’ve already waited “some time”. Looks like we’ll be waiting some more!!!!

Guess what tumbled through our letterbox this morning? Yep, £250 worth of shiny vouchers. I suspect my wife will be commandeering then on her return home from work tonight...

37481898-305E-4973-894B-272DEA8AF31C.jpeg
Me too - Happy Daze!

Guess what tumbled through our letterbox this morning? Yep, £250 worth of shiny vouchers. I suspect my wife will be commandeering then on her return home from work tonight...

Our vouchers have arrived too! Recon we can convince the club shop to accept them?!?;)

.. and we've got ours too.... I see we can spend them at toysrus!

Could anyone advise why the vouchers were offered? Was it because of the wait, the increased emissions, or both?

I have written to our dealer pointing out that the emissions on the order form were 169 k/km, but when the V5C arrived it showed 190 g/km, and could he contact VWCS to request the vouchers.

He replied that because it was a showroom vehicle and I didn't suffer any delay in delivery the voucher offer was applicable. Is this true?

Thanks

Maybe you could all use the vouchers at ToysRus to get more dummies that you spat out lol

Ours arrived yesterday.

Hello everyone, the stay in this room also ends for me. After almost six months today I managed to bring my dream home ...
What to say is beautiful, much more than I imagined, comfortable, fast and quiet, roomy and bright.
Now a few days to organize what you need and on Saturday we leave for a trial weekend !!
Thank you all for your numerous tips and encouragement !!

Hi all. Our first post after joining a short while ago. We recently placed a deposit on a new Ocean which is already at our local dealership. We are advised we cannot collect the vehicle until a long awaited software update has been carried out which will take 5 days to complete. We are told VW won't allow the dealer to even register the vehicle until this has been carried out. It is a late 2017 build by all accounts. Our contact is rather vague regarding offering any info as to what this software update relates to. Is this a general update and if so does anyone here know what it concerns ? Thanks for any info, appreciated.

Back