Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

Has anyone received their "£250 token of goodwill" ?

I think our postman dropped ours down a culvert.

No. Nothing yet. Thought we were due to get them when we accepted our vans. Had all my paperwork through earlier in the week but still no vouchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Nothing yet. Thought we were due to get them when we accepted our vans. Had all my paperwork through earlier in the week but still no vouchers.

I’d forgotten all about that!

Looks a beauty, how much was the detailing? I hope you have many happy times and miles in it
Thank you, so pleased with all the work.
Detailing was £1000. Protective film £1200 (a lot of money but a lot of film covering front paintwork, A pillars, wing mirrors and rear bumper, really is invisible unless you look/feel for it - a bit of a leap of faith but hopefully worth it).
Tint 20% to rear 3 windows and 35% to side (middle) windows £160.

I thought VW initially said a month after or within a month after delivery. I have a reminder in my calendar.

I thought VW initially said a month after or within a month after delivery. I have a reminder in my calendar.

Could well be true, but to be honest I'm not going to worry about when it arrives, as long as it does. That was the lesson I learnt with our Ocean!

The promised vouchers will arrive eventually!

Response from VWCS today:
“We are unable to provide confirmation as to which date you should receive your vouchers however, please be assured that you will receive them in the near future.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are almost there ... my Cali arrived in dealership yesterday, this morning I went to see it and it is really beautiful, even if dirty and full of cellophan that covers everything inside ... now missing a modification and approval of the change for my special license and then it will be all ours. All the anxiety of waiting is disappearing and already I dream of new goals and hilarious moments ...WhatsApp Image 2018-04-21 at 10.49.27.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-04-20 at 21.50.06.jpeg

We are almost there ... my Cali arrived in dealership yesterday, this morning I went to see it and it is really beautiful, even if dirty and full of cellophan that covers everything inside ... now missing a modification and approval of the change for my special license and then it will be all ours. All the anxiety of waiting is disappearing and already I dream of new goals and hilarious moments ...View attachment 32300 View attachment 32301

Yeehaw!!! Let the good times roll! Enjoy that, it looks great! I’m still waiting. Apparently it has been in country for 3 weeks, but not yet made it to the dealer. Switzerland must be growing exponentially like the universe...

Anyone had their vouchers from Vw yet?

Hi all, I'm the infamous Jay. I no longer work for VW, I can only apologise for all the chaos that has been going on. Your vouchers will get to you, keep calling and they will speed the bosses up to get them out.
Everything I told anyone was true as far as I was told, the fact I no longer work there says a lot about how I felt this was dealt with! Thank you all for being patient with me!

Hi all, I'm the infamous Jay. I no longer work for VW, I can only apologise for all the chaos that has been going on. Your vouchers will get to you, keep calling and they will speed the bosses up to get them out.
Everything I told anyone was true as far as I was told, the fact I no longer work there says a lot about how I felt this was dealt with! Thank you all for being patient with me!

Hi Jay,

Are you under an NDA, or can you “spill the beans”?

Cheers

Steve

Anyone had their vouchers from Vw yet?

Sadly for me (us over here), VW Switzerland never officially offered anything. But today, finally:

IMG_9714.jpeg

And looking at that grin I'd say that my initial feelings of slight resentment for being completely kept in the dark by VW have pretty much gone under the bridge on delivery. Or maybe it was this lovely wall clock they threw in right at the end?

IMG_0849.JPG

Happy as a clam today! Let the good times roll :)

Edit for typo

Last edited:
Thank you Jay, for your honesty and compassion through the process. You were put in a terrible position by VW but you handled yourself well and I thank you for that.

Once the vouchers have arrived we can all put this saga to bed and that's it.

Do you know what is happening to the manual models that have been replaced with DSG ones? Are they being re-engineered or scrapped?!

They thought the 150ps manuals would be further delayed as the update wouldn' work. However the update works fine on 150ps manuals, but not on the 204ps manuals.
The replaced vehicles will be held until the update is applied, then sold as new.

In all honesty, they didn' tell me why the vehicles were delayed for ages. Then they went back on the promise to cover the increase in VED, that tipped me over the edge. Any covering of road tax increase came from the van centres, not from VW. The attitude was literally that the vehicles will sell, so they don' need to do anything.

Back