Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inspection required?

Nick.C

Nick.C

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We brought our 18 months old Ocean from a dealer in March this year and it now has 14,000 miles on the clock. A message has come up saying Inspection required. I rang the local dealer (not the one we brought it from) and they said it would not require a service until 2 years or 20,000 miles and to pop it in to the garage and they will reset it. Does this sound right?

We brought our 18 months old Ocean from a dealer in March this year and it now has 14,000 miles on the clock. A message has come up saying Inspection required. I rang the local dealer (not the one we brought it from) and they said it would not require a service until 2 years or 20,000 miles and to pop it in to the garage and they will reset it. Does this sound right?
My last t6 kombi I had covered 3.5k in 13 months, I had a message saying service required. I took it in and they did a oil and filter change. !

18months old + March to November (7/8months) 18+7= 25 months . 24th months is 2 years? Our van even though set at long life service asks for an oil service at 15k.(which for us works out at about 12months)

18months old + March to November (7/8months) 18+7= 25 months . 24th months is 2 years? Our van even though set at long life service asks for an oil service at 15k.(which for us works out at about 12months)
Sorry for the confusion, our van is 18 months old now, not when we brought it. My question is do I believe the message and get a service or follow the dealers advice and just have the computer reset?

follow the dealers advice and just have the computer reset?

Personally I would get it serviced now but others may decide to wait until 2years or 20k

Inspection request is a time based, the T6 monitors oil quality and when “oil service “ is due it will tell you. The suggestion that an inspection is due is exactly that a suggestion. (Based on a 12month cycle) go with the “oil service “ not the inspection, you won’t go wrong according to the resident expert. Hence the dealers comment

You could call up your service details on the dash display and it will tell you when oil service is due.

Probably relates to Factory setting of date rather than Purchase date. 2 year period.
Mine came up with oil change before 12 months (dealer said the same about how they could reset it, I had an oil change done locally) and Inspection due about 22 months, had it plus oil done at 23+ months by the VW Dealer.
Just get the 2 year service done at your convenience.

Probably relates to Factory setting of date rather than Purchase date. 2 year period.
Mine came up with oil change before 12 months (dealer said the same about how they could reset it, I had an oil change done locally) and Inspection due about 22 months, had it plus oil done at 23+ months by the VW Dealer.
Just get the 2 year service done at your convenience.
Good advice, thanks

Back