Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance and Trackers

I

ianm

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
I am trying to insure a (new) Coast I am picking on Saturday. As others have said, LV offer a very cheap quote (£170) but I am concerned from others' investigations into what is or isn't covered. Comfort require a tracker. Can anyone recommend a company supplying insurance-approved trackers?

I must say this is driving me round the bend. It all seems unnecessarily complicated. I think I need to take a deep breath and start again!

Thanks

Ian

We used https://www.trackerfit.co.uk/ to fit ours. They came out within a few days and fitted it in about 30 mins or so. Good efficient service.

We ended up going for the tracker retrieve option which was insurance approved and battery operated (last for 5 years). Think it was £450 including a 5 years subscription to the service.

I am trying to insure a (new) Coast I am picking on Saturday. As others have said, LV offer a very cheap quote (£170) but I am concerned from others' investigations into what is or isn't covered. Comfort require a tracker. Can anyone recommend a company supplying insurance-approved trackers?

I must say this is driving me round the bend. It all seems unnecessarily complicated. I think I need to take a deep breath and start again!

Thanks

Ian
Why don’t you obtain some other quotes that don’t require a tracker fitted. I’m with Comfort which cost me (from memory) about £280/year. No tracker required. Probably a lot cheaper overall than getting one fitted. Unless you specifically want a tracker that is. I have to say £170 seems incredibly cheap.

Thanks devon_matt. Always so useful to have a recommendation!

Vodaphone Automotive offer a VW approved tracker, good features easy to use app

Many thanks Wongo. Another to consider.

Ian

Are any of these trackers RF track enabled as some more high end vehicle thieves are using GPS jammers while they rip the inside apart while they hunt for the transmitter/receiver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Ian
Ive recently insured with Comfort & they didnt require a tracker?!

I insured with Comfort last November and no Tracker required as long as you have a Thatcham approved Alarm & Immobiliser (which is a standard VW factory fit).

I think it may be down to where the van is parked. They are classifying ours as "on a road". It all seems unpredictable and probably depends on the wind direction when you speak to them!

I insured with Comfort last November and no Tracker required as long as you have a Thatcham approved Alarm & Immobiliser (which is a standard VW factory fit).
This is what I was told on the phone when I got a quote also, you need to pick the Thatcham (1 I think?) option, as it doesn't recognise Cali's have that as standard on the online form.

I am with Comfort. About £250, which I still thought was very cheap. No tracker required.

We've ended up getting the garage to fit a tracker before pickup, just for peace of mind. Two different brokers confirmed that it was required by the insurer (LV, but under a motorhome policy and not the car one you get from LV's website or a comparison site). It seems to be more to do with value than where it's kept.

To be honest I gave up in the end, having wasted hours on this!

Thanks to all for comments and ideas.

We just got a range of phone quotes from AIB, variable depending on annual mileage. No tracker required for the policy offered (after they spoke to underwriters).

Contacted them last night via an online quote enquiry, they called early this morning and went through our details and what we required. Very quick and efficient. Awaiting the quotes in writing though.

It'll be about 4 weeks until we get our van, so have a bit of time to look around and compare.

I got a quote from Comfort yesterday, they confirmed to me that a tracker would be a requirement for them to be able to insure the Cali, when I spoke with direct line they didn't seem very sure what they were quoting for and only asked if it was a T30 Beach or T30 Ocean, nothing about engine output or 4motion ! so I wasn't very keen on that.

Can anybody tell me how I get the member discount code ? I can't see it in the email

Thanks

There’s a VIP forum section and all the codes are in there :thumb