Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Integrated Bluetooth system retrofit?

Hammer

Hammer

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Wondered if anyone has looked at retrofitting 12V amp and speakers to be powered and switched on by the touch screens media option? I am sure I read (but can't find now) the power cables are under the drivers seat and if I enable the option in touch screen should be able to power up from there. so couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know which cables power the factory fit media option?
2. Also any idea on the power rating of this supply?

I know portable speakers are lot easier and already have one but thought having simple built in system would be great as also don't have to worry about charging speaker or plugging in to USB etc.

Any help appreciated.

Mark

It’s easier to just have a small Bluetooth speaker (Jam or similar). Batteries last for ages now and can easily be charged off a USB port.

Anything that runs off the main battery will start to drain it. Hence why radio shuts down automatically after a short period of time.(unless you leave the key in the ignition.)

It’s easier to just have a small Bluetooth speaker (Jam or similar). Batteries last for ages now and can easily be charged off a USB port.

Anything that runs off the main battery will start to drain it. Hence why radio shuts down automatically after a short period of time.(unless you leave the key in the ignition.)
Thanks for comments and yes already use boom speaker but the GC has function for system to run off leisure battery and would be one less thing to worry about taking and setting up. Just turn on in touch screen and away we go.

Thanks for comments and yes already use boom speaker but the GC has function for system to run off leisure battery and would be one less thing to worry about taking and setting up. Just turn on in touch screen and away we go.
Ah sorry. Missed the fact that is was a GC.

Back