Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior motion alarm

D

Demelza & Ross

Vehicle
Grand California 680
I cannot find the button to turn off the interior motion alarm if I want to leave the dogs in GC 680. Looked at VW GC Chris YouTube but nothing like it in our van. Thanks in advance.

On the T6 it’s on the BPillar just behind the drivers seat

on most other VW vehicles it’s on the B pillar.

seems strange Vw would move from the norm

does the owner manual shed any light on it’s where about‘s ?

The OP has a Grand California not a T6 or T6.1.

The OP has a Grand California not a T6 or T6.1.
i know. thats why i said check in the menu on the grand ? . i was pointing out that i knew it had moved on the 6.1. was just a tip. as i really don't know where it is on the grand but thought it was worth a check as no one else replied

Try below, works on other VAG cars that are missing the button on the door pillar:

//
To do this, you have to press the "lock" button on the remote two times in less then 2 seconds. In this case, the Safelock will be deactivated, and by this, hopefully the towaway monitoring and the motion sensors will be disabled until the next open/close session.
//

I cannot find the button to turn off the interior motion alarm if I want to leave the dogs in GC 680. Looked at VW GC Chris YouTube but nothing like it in our van. Thanks in advance.
As everyone says it’s on the B piller driver side beside the seat.

It is at the side of the bed, fixed on to the side of the kitchen

It is at the side of the bed, fixed on to the side of the kitchen
No that’s the door lock. Which also isolates the interior sensors the one on the B pillar isolates motion internally and externally when you lock the van from outside

No that’s the door lock. Which also isolates the interior sensors the one on the B pillar isolates motion internally and externally when you lock the van from outside
I need to check them lol. I don't want to set the alarm off when parking up asleep

The handbook tells you nothing about what to do especially when you are sleeping or you have dogs inside when you leave. So if I settle for the night I switch the locking button at the side of the bed? I can move around with setting the alarm off?

Nothing on B pillar. Only door lock when inside

Attachments

• C1CA2C1F-8BA9-416A-96DC-1ED87BE5B425.jpeg
    C1CA2C1F-8BA9-416A-96DC-1ED87BE5B425.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 75
  • BE2BBCF6-8C75-4808-B7C7-38026C078910.jpeg
    BE2BBCF6-8C75-4808-B7C7-38026C078910.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 66
The handbook tells you nothing about what to do especially when you are sleeping or you have dogs inside when you leave. So if I settle for the night I switch the locking button at the side of the bed? I can move around with setting the alarm off?
Hand book is crap. And yes press the button beside bed it locks the doors and isolates motion detector. Press same button in the morning to release lock.

Yes exactly but what if you want to leave the dogs locked in ? I’ll see if it’s on the radio media

@Demelza & Ross if it’s the same as the T6 then it needs to be pressed when driver’s door is open (many used to make the mistake of doing it from sliding door which does not work). The light should change from red to orange. It will stay in this mode until you change it back (so doesn’t need to be re-set every time you leave the dogs in the van).

@Demelza & Ross if it’s the same as the T6 then it needs to be pressed when driver’s door is open (many used to make the mistake of doing it from sliding door which does not work). The light should change from red to orange. It will stay in this mode until you change it back (so doesn’t need to be re-set every time you leave the dogs in the van).
Thanks very much AlisonF - good to know. We’ve only been out in it once back in October

Has anyone been successful using this button? I’m in a 680 and following the handbook can’t get it to work. I took the key out of the ignition, opened the drivers door and pressed the button, which wasn’t illuminated before or after pressing. Wife was inside and gently moved around (mimicking the cat jumping from the bed) which triggered the alarm.
Last thing I want to do on a campsite is leave a van uncertain if the alarm is going to keep going off!

Has anyone been successful using this button? I’m in a 680 and following the handbook can’t get it to work. I took the key out of the ignition, opened the drivers door and pressed the button, which wasn’t illuminated before or after pressing. Wife was inside and gently moved around (mimicking the cat jumping from the bed) which triggered the alarm.
Last thing I want to do on a campsite is leave a van uncertain if the alarm is going to keep going off!
It should definitely light when you activate it.

It should definitely light when you activate it.
Thanks. Found out that plugging in hookup disables the function, I now have it working but it’s a shame it won’t work with hookup as fan was plugged into mains, will have to find 12v fan to keep it cool for the cat.

Back