Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior motion alarm

Thanks. Found out that plugging in hookup disables the function, I now have it working but it’s a shame it won’t work with hookup as fan was plugged into mains, will have to find 12v fan to keep it cool for the cat.
Hi Simon,

I changed from a 2020 to a 2021 MY and they have done away with the button. It’s now within the infotainment system it may well be worth looking in there to see if there are any adjustments there (open and closing)
Had not realised it had gone until i boarded a couple of ferries to the highlands a few weeks ago, went off every time till I knew how to isolate it.

Hi Simon,

I changed from a 2020 to a 2021 MY and they have done away with the button. It’s now within the infotainment system it may well be worth looking in there to see if there are any adjustments there (open and closing)
Had not realised it had gone until i boarded a couple of ferries to the highlands a few weeks ago, went off every time till I knew how to isolate it.
Hi Jester,
Mine is an early MY21 so they must have changed it since. There’s no setting in the infotainment system but I’ve never updated the software. It’ll be interesting if I get the feature with an update as I think I’ve got the latest infotainment system which I believe they updated just before I got mine. Regarding the ferries I’ve always thought they (ferries)should have basic info or maybe an app displaying the location of each car manufacturers alarm disabling button and brief instructions as in my experience most drivers haven’t a clue it exists. It must drive the ferry staff mad.

Oh, so this thread isn't about high tech porta potties then!

They should only be used for tinkles IMO.

:Iamsorry

Hi Jester,
Mine is an early MY21 so they must have changed it since. There’s no setting in the infotainment system but I’ve never updated the software. It’ll be interesting if I get the feature with an update as I think I’ve got the latest infotainment system which I believe they updated just before I got mine. Regarding the ferries I’ve always thought they (ferries)should have basic info or maybe an app displaying the location of each car manufacturers alarm disabling button and brief instructions as in my experience most drivers haven’t a clue it exists. It must drive the ferry staff mad.
Hi Simon,

Mine was a March build still required an update, anyway on my 600 the switch was located on the bottom of the B pillar, however on the 680 it was gone. It’s not in the manuals. Also believe you can just lock the van with the key and supposedly this does not set the internal alarm!

I spent ages hunting on my May build 600 as the manuals says it’s on the pillar. Found that it is on the infotainment system. Thanks forum

Hi,
we got our brand new cali 2 weeks ago.(@vwredsonja on insta ;))
We ordered the interior monitor alarm and we know how to switch it off.
But this might be an stupid question but how do you trigger the alarm?
We have been waving and rocking the van when in site and locked, but nothing is happening.
Does is matter where the keys of the car are?
Meaning that when the key is nearby, the interior motion alarm is not working?
Or is this just a fault and we have to go back to the dealer to have it looked at?

Thank you !!

Hi,
we got our brand new cali 2 weeks ago.(@vwredsonja on insta ;))
We ordered the interior monitor alarm and we know how to switch it off.
But this might be an stupid question but how do you trigger the alarm?
We have been waving and rocking the van when in site and locked, but nothing is happening.
Does is matter where the keys of the car are?
Meaning that when the key is nearby, the interior motion alarm is not working?
Or is this just a fault and we have to go back to the dealer to have it looked at?

Thank you !!
Movement in the vehicle should be enough is you have movement sensors. I do not believe the Cali keys have a ‘distance’ activation like some other vehicles.

Try unplugging hookup if hooked up and see if that makes a difference. I had the issue of not being able to disarm the internal alarm whilst plugged in. But this wasn’t a fault just how it is. Means you can’t lock van and leave roof hatches open whilst plugged in on site without the wind pressure setting alarm off if going out for the day.
I think this reply is for @Robinho_19781

No still not working, we are going to pass by the dealer and see what they tell us
How did you lock the van? if using the button on the drivers door that won't set the alarm.
If using the keys did you hear one or two noises from the locks?
One & neither the alarm or deadlocks are set.
If you hear two the deadlocks & alarm should be set.

Just tested it, doors locked moved around in the back of the car, nothing is happening.
How are you locking the van? Key or button on drivers door?
If the button on the drivers door the alarm is disabled. Needs to be because you will be in there when camping.
If you use the key, the alarm should be triggered.
Tested this on ours a few months ago.

How did you lock the van? if using the button on the drivers door that won't set the alarm.
If using the keys did you hear one or two noises from the locks?
One & neither the alarm or deadlocks are set.
If you hear two the deadlocks & alarm should be set.
Just posted the same(ish) @andyinluton :)
However, I believe two sounds from the locks means its disabled. As per when locking the van on a ferry - 2 pushes of the lock button on the keyfob.

Just posted the same(ish) @andyinluton :)
However, I believe two sounds from the locks means its disabled. As per when locking the van on a ferry - 2 pushes of the lock button on the keyfob.
I thought the first sound was the locks moving, the second the deadlocks operating - to me it sounds like clunk,clunk. then there was a third noise of the deadlocks releasing if the remote was pressed twice a bout a second later..

Last edited:
I thought the first sound was the locks moving, the second the deadlocks operating - to me it sounds like clunk,clunk. then there was a third noise of the deadlocks releasing if the remote was pressed twice a bout a second later..
Believe GG is correct I thought the same as you before asking VWCC

We went to talk to the dealer according to him there might be a translation error, there is a motion alarm in de cabin, meaning the front seats, not the back according to him.

We went to talk to the dealer according to him there might be a translation error, there is a motion alarm in de cabin, meaning the front seats, not the back according to him.
Find another Dealer. It does work in the back.

Find another Dealer. It does work in the back.
No it doesn't I went back to the configurator to be sure and It says: Alarm.PNG
Volumetric cab alarm with back-up horn and towing protection
382.36 Tax incl. 1
The recommended retail prices listed in the configurator are inclusive of VAT (or exclusive of VAT if specifically mentioned).
-
Alarm system with interior monitoring in the driver's cabin, back-up horn and towing alarm
-
Central locking with radio remote control, interior operation and safe-keeping

so in the new T6.1 you don't have the option to select the interior alarm system only the one in the drivers cabin
Because of the videos that we saw and the comments on some forums we thought there was an alarm in the back, but no, there is not.

No it doesn't I went back to the configurator to be sure and It says: View attachment 97790
Volumetric cab alarm with back-up horn and towing protection
382.36 Tax incl. 1
The recommended retail prices listed in the configurator are inclusive of VAT (or exclusive of VAT if specifically mentioned).
-
Alarm system with interior monitoring in the driver's cabin, back-up horn and towing alarm
-
Central locking with radio remote control, interior operation and safe-keeping

so in the new T6.1 you don't have the option to select the interior alarm system only the one in the drivers cabin
Because of the videos that we saw and the comments on some forums we thought there was an alarm in the back, but no, there is not.
In that case they have downgraded the alarm for the T6.1.
Have you actually tried it?
Sit in the back. Lock the vehicle with the remote . Wait at least 10 minutes while the internal alarm sets itself and then try moving.

Unfortunately VW with their Option descriptions are not very good and I bet the same Alarm Option description is given for Transporter Panel vans with a bulkhead behind the drivers seat, or a Multivan or Caravelle.

In that case they have downgraded the alarm for the T6.1.
Have you actually tried it?
Sit in the back. Lock the vehicle with the remote . Wait at least 10 minutes while the internal alarm sets itself and then try moving.

Unfortunately VW with their Option descriptions are not very good and I bet the same Alarm Option description is given for Transporter Panel vans with a bulkhead behind the drivers seat, or a Multivan or Caravelle.
Yes we tried it. Nothing happening.

Well VW must be fitting a different system on the continent then or have downgraded the T6.1 alarm system.

You live and learn. Another reason not to upgrade.

As per my post some months ago I tried the interior monitoring on my t6.1 (MY21) as follows:
1: Whilst sitting in the van Double click on the keyfob. Wait a while and then move about - no alarm activated.
2. Whilst sitting in the van Single click on the keyfob. Wait a while and then move about - alarm activated.

Back