Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Internal Door Vinyls

• Thread starter The Tall Luthier
  • Start date
Hi all - had been admiring photos of the vinyl table tops and now I know - Pixers looks amazing!! Couple of questions- which size do you get for the table tops - or do you get a ‘personalized size’ and then cut to size? and are they easy to get off if you want to change or do they leave a residue? Thanks
Very easy to fit :

degrease the table properly paying attention to the edges, repeat
let it dry fully (Isopropyl Alcohol etc).

align the sticker on the table and tape in desired position at one end and the sides to hold it in position (masking tape etc)

Starting from one end : peel part of the backing sheet off (just enough to get started, leave the backing sheet attached.

check the alignment is 100% (peel it off carefully if you need to and realign as necessary)

using a credit card or vinyl squeegee apply the sticker removing all air bubbles as you go.

use the Squeegee to press the sticker into the edges

gradually peel back to backing as you work the squeegee from side to side, removing all air bubbles as you go.

when the sticker is fully attached & worked into the table edge profile, take a sharp blade and carefully cut away the excess (using the table edge as a guide) it helps to cut into the edge at an angle (not vertical)

final press / smooth of the edges

if you have any air bubbles (which you shouldn’t if you have fitted it correctl, use a pin to pop the bubble then squeegee to flatten

removal is as simple as peeling it off

edit : for the table in the door, I ordered 90cm long x 52cm wide (Do your own check measure based on the design you choose and the orientation of that design on the table )

Very easy to fit :

degrease the table properly paying attention to the edges, repeat
let it dry fully (Isopropyl Alcohol etc).

align the sticker on the table and tape in desired position at one end and the sides to hold it in position (masking tape etc)

Starting from one end : peel part of the backing sheet off (just enough to get started, leave the backing sheet attached.

check the alignment is 100% (peel it off carefully if you need to and realign as necessary)

using a credit card or vinyl squeegee apply the sticker removing all air bubbles as you go.

use the Squeegee to press the sticker into the edges

gradually peel back to backing as you work the squeegee from side to side, removing all air bubbles as you go.

when the sticker is fully attached & worked into the table edge profile, take a sharp blade and carefully cut away the excess (using the table edge as a guide) it helps to cut into the edge at an angle (not vertical)

final press / smooth of the edges

if you have any air bubbles (which you shouldn’t if you have fitted it correctl, use a pin to pop the bubble then squeegee to flatten

removal is as simple as peeling it off

edit : for the table in the door, I ordered 90cm long x 52cm wide (Do your own check measure based on the design you choose and the orientation of that design on the table )
Wow thank you for these very comprehensive instructions… just need to choose my design now from the 30000+on Pixers website

Tried fitting mine tonight. Fortunately Pixar’s isn’t expensive as I made an absolute dogs breakfast of cutting it with a craft knife. I’ll wear it for a week or two, see if I like the design, purchase another batch and head to my local vinyl wrapper to do a far better job than me.

hello pls could you share size for kitchen table? i saw here 90x52 for the table on the sliding door but i miss the oher size to fonalize the order :) thank you

hello pls could you share size for kitchen table? i saw here 90x52 for the table on the sliding door but i miss the other size to finalize the order :) thank you
50x70cm will give you enough to trim.

hello pls could you share size for kitchen table? i saw here 90x52 for the table on the sliding door but i miss the oher size to fonalize the order :) thank you
I got 70x50 when I ordered in 2019, fitted fine.
Costs have gone up loads, I paid £18.90 inc shipping then o_O

I got 70x50 when I ordered in 2019, fitted fine.
Costs have gone up loads, I paid £18.90 inc shipping then o_O
Pixar’s regularly have a sale on, (it used to be every few weeks) sign up for the emails and wait for a sale or just check the website regularly

Did anyone ever consider doing their cupboard doors as well as the tables?

How did it work out?

I can’t imagine whether it would look fun/bright/cheerful or just downright kitsch.

Did anyone ever consider doing their cupboard doors as well as the tables?

How did it work out?

I can’t imagine whether it would look fun/bright/cheerful or just downright kitsch.
… the second most likely.

Back