Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Internal lights too bright

BugsyMalone

BugsyMalone

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi, my T6 Bugsy has lots of internal lights but I rarely need more than one on at a time as they seem to burn brighter than the sun! Ok, bit if an exaggeration, but they are pretty bright. My question is whether there is an easy way of dimming them or are there slightly dimmer replacement bulbs available. Cheers all ...

Hi, my T6 Bugsy has lots of internal lights but I rarely need more than one on at a time as they seem to burn brighter than the sun! Ok, bit if an exaggeration, but they are pretty bright. My question is whether there is an easy way of dimming them or are there slightly dimmer replacement bulbs available. Cheers all ...
I don’t know of any mods for the existing lights. You might want to try adding some warm LEDs on a USB. Moody! You still get to use the brighter than the sun mode when you drop the whisky cork.....352BE25D-114B-484A-9324-8C4A1E9FB600.jpegE1A1AEF3-0BA0-4511-BE56-E77D27A97174.jpeg

3598837B-EA43-4A25-958D-AA12803BDD2D.jpeg

28956706-14D7-407B-A639-19DBBF745A0E.jpeg
It’s easy to pop the lens out of the lights and cut some coloured filter gel to size. Have deep red in a couple which makes for a very warm glow. Is also just enough light to see what you’re doing without effecting your night vision which I like. Ikea usb flexi lights are handy for spots of light. The big light over the sink was so very dazzling, I popped the lens out and stuck a piece of 12mm thick draft excluder along the inner side of the leds inside. Now the light only goes down and not all in your face.

Thanks guys, some really good ideas and now I see how to find my own “workarounds” That is a fun project in itself so thanks for the advice and I look forward to personalising Bugsy’s lighting. All the best...

Thanks guys, some really good ideas and now I see how to find my own “workarounds” That is a fun project in itself so thanks for the advice and I look forward to personalising Bugsy’s lighting. All the best...
Ps. Some lovely photos, thank you

If you have the roof up just turn on the LED lights which are dimmable and bright enough to read a book by downstairs
Hi, do you mean the upstairs lights are dimmable? I did not know that. M

You might not have dimmable lights upstairs - I don’t think it’s a standard option. Keep your finger on the button and see what happens!

You might not have dimmable lights upstairs - I don’t think it’s a standard option. Keep your finger on the button and see what happens!
Ok great, will do. I will see what happens. Just as long as they don’t go any brighter!

All the Black (as opposed to grey) light switches are dimmable. Just keep the switch depressed and it will cycle through dusk to bright and back.

Thank you, I have not had a chance to get the roof up, with all the rain and wind around, to test the top floor ones yet but that saves me the job until I am out again next time. As for the other lights, I have thought of another way of dimming them. I have a number of different strength sun glasses in a rack suspended from the ceiling. By carefully selecting a suitable grade, I am able to achieve almost any lighting condition one could desire. Perfect! Moreover, if all the lights are on simultaneously, apparently it is possible to be seen from space!

Back