Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inverter socket detached from faceplate

Whistler

Whistler

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Our Inverter socket has decided to become detached from the faceplate and is loose so you can't plug anything in.

Anyone got any ideas on how to deal with this?

It's a T5.1 SE if that is any help

Thanks
ea36bc972db9ef30dfd2e6acf63c660e.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Our Inverter socket has decided to become detached from the faceplate and is loose so you can't plug anything in.

Thanks

Yuk!
Not good. It’s either the dealer (especially if within warranty) or have a crack at it yourself.
bare in mind if the latter route taken that there is a switch within this socket to switch inverter on. Also you will be dealing with mains voltage.
sorry I don’t have a 123 solution.

Thanks

You will have to remove the Lower Trim to get at the Inverter. The Socket and Inverter is one unit and the only power supply is 12v from the Leisure Batteries. The Unit is only powered up when the microswitch is depressed by inserting a plug.

This might help with removing the trim. Both sides are the same , just different cutouts.

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 17.08.57.jpg

Remove the top B pillar trim, remove the lower B pillar trim (loosen the bolt from the seatbelt) and then you can replace the plug. Did it once myself. Not that hard.

How I did it was cut the lugs off the back of the surrounding plate there are 4 lugs one in each corner. Used a thin Sharpe blade, Pushed the plug back in using a cable tie to hold position then re-fixed plate with four self-tapping screws. It worked for me on our T6 -it would have been so much simpler if vw had used in 1st place.

Thanks for the help everyone. Have never taken trim off before so will probably go for @Meoncoast suggestion. Sounds quite a straight forward job when we get back.

Ours has also become detached, will report it on next visit to dealer, for repair under warranty