Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inverter Socket Part Number

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
My 240v inverter euro socket has fallen away behind after I've plugged something into it.
I've spoken to my VW dealer and they are happy to replace, but they are having problems finding it on their system. Does anyone know the part number for it?

Thanks!

Can't help with the part no but you have reminded me that I need to have mine checked out as it seems to have come loose on one side and is in danger of doing the same as yours.

Is this a common problem I wonder? Have others had this issue?

my understanding is the plug is glued in place and if it has been pushed in it just needs to be glued back in situ. Our has moved back in behind the trim and will get it fixed when the van is next at the dealers. I am expecting the fix is trim removal and pushed rather than a new part.

edit thanks to dvddobs post which confirms it is clipped in place rather than glued

Last edited:
DM ours was like yours on one side when we 1st used it, had a look the other day as had not used much as we have had hock up on our trips, anyway last week plugged into it came loose and now pushed in :(

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
I seem to remember seeing some photos of one taken out, if you can find these you mide read the part number..

Everybody on here should have that link in his favorits by now i should think....guess i was wrong....we posted it allready a zillion times;)

http://www.oemepc.com/

@rippers , give the link to your dealer also...:D

You probably don't need a new socket, I think. It often happens that the socket comes loose from the front plate and falls behind the B-pillar cover. We have had this happen to us just this weekend... So yours is probably also just dangling on its wires behind the cover.

The socket is clamped to the front plate (with the lid) with two plastic prongs on the back of the front plate, that are just too weak. When you push a little hard, the socket may be pushed to the back, out of the prongs, and fall out. You can find many postings on Cali-forums about it.

This gives you an idea how it looks when the socket comes loose from the prongs...
Steckdose 4.jpg

The prongs should be fastened like this:
Steckdose 5.jpg

Our solution was to pry the bottom B-pillar cover loose, pick up the socket that is dangling from its wiring behind the cover, and stick it back into the prongs. And then attach a tie-wrap around the prongs with the socket back in, so that the prongs cannot open inadvertently again when we push too hard for them.

Prying the B-pillar cover loose is not difficult. Start at the bottom door side. They are fastened with some kind of plastic hook there, you can easily push it in. Then work your way up with your fingers behind the door rubbers, you will find two more metal hooks higher up. Push the cover gently towards the outside of your van, and you can easily work it loose. The rest will show itself. Careful with the alarm switches and wiring - you don't want them to come loose or be damaged.
Don't try to pry the top cover loose if you don't have to. It is a big fumble to get it back because it is difficult to align the cover part and the pillar part of the safety belt adjustment mechanism correctly when you try to put the cover back on. It is doable (we did it), but it took us a lot of tries and I have a lot of cuts in my fingers from the sharp plastic edges of the covers...

There is an other 'solution' advertised on several boards. The socket front plate is attached to the B-pillar cover with a sort of plastic pop nails. Some people simply cut them through by working a sharp knife behind the cover plate corners, and then they take off the cover plate. Fish for your socket, put it back in, DON'T FORGET THE TIE-WRAP !!, and then put the cover plate back on with 4 small screws.

Last edited:
So yours is probably also just dangling on its wires behind the cover.

Many thanks for your detailed info in your post.

Have fixed ours today by the removal of the pins from the flap and refit with screws - thought this was the best way to repair as simple to remove again if it pushes in the future.

message to VW development team - why not fit the flap in the 1st place with screws and a little longer wire to the plug would make life so much better.

The ETKA list is good but notice that it doesn't give part numbers for those items! I guess that is why the dealer was having problems.

One of us must have a different screen. Items 20 & 22 220v socket & Cover with frame don't have a part number on my illustration. Please let me know the part number that you see.

Rod

One of us must have a different screen. Items 20 & 22 220v socket & Cover with frame don't have a part number on my illustration. Please let me know the part number that you see.

Rod
The inverter is part 23 (last item in the picture I posted in my reply); 8K0 907 155
part 20 is the power socket and not part of the inverter.

2017-07-27_10-15-47.png

I do apologies, I thought that the whole discussion was about the socket.

Rod

Reactions: Loz