• Thread starter inthemidnighthour
  • Start date
inthemidnighthour

inthemidnighthour

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
hi,
been looking at ferry crossing with DFDS and Stena - do you state the Cali as a car/mpv or as a motorhome?

I would expect the motorhome to be more expensive but wonder what you've done in the past?

:thanks

Dave and Lisa

No, with DFDS it's within the measurements allowed for a car.....

I have only travelled in recent times on Brittany Ferries. They allow for MPVs as well as cars, and then select height (more than 1:83m) and length (up to 5m).

I am sorry, but I have no experience of Stenna or DFDS.

Luke

Dfds (formerly norfolkline crossing at Dover) was measurement. Less than 5m and under 2 m. Cali went as a car.

I accidentally bought my Eurotunnel tickets and entered it as a Transporter 6.1, I only realised my mistake afterwards but couldn’t get through to customer service to raise the issue and offer to pay the extra

I accidentally bought my Eurotunnel tickets and entered it as a Transporter 6.1, I only realised my mistake afterwards but couldn’t get through to customer service to raise the issue and offer to pay the extra
Sometimes Commercial vans pay more.

Our last trip on Brittany ferries I was glad I had told them it was a campervan. Our crossing was due to leave at 11pm but as the weather had been bad it was delayed till 8am the next morning. I rang them to say that I would have difficulty getting to the port at that time as with the van it was difficult to find a nearby hotel. They replied no problem you have a campervan so you can arrive the night before and stay at the port. We arrived midnight, joined the rows of campervans, motorhomes and caravans, put the roof up and slept well and was already for check in at 6:30am. So moral of the story not worth saying it is a car or MPV just to save a few pounds.

Back