Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is it coming home?

Italy and Netherlands didn’t qualify.

We got further than Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina & Portugal.

Very proud.

[
Italy and Netherlands didn’t qualify.

We got further than Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina & Portugal.

Very proud.

Shame we couldnt get further than Croatia. They did well but lots of pressure on them until the euros so lets see and they didnt realy have any major opposition, lets not forget thay, they took the easy route via the groups stage.

I just love "they took the easy route"...:D

It's the World Cup finals ffs.......

The last 32 ---- 16 ------ 8 -------4. out of over 100 teams that start off.

I just remember the late great Bobby Robson ...... "there is no such thing as a free lunch in the finals of any competition"

I just love "they took the easy route"...:D

It's the World Cup finals ffs.......

The last 32 ---- 16 ------ 8 -------4. out of over 100 teams that start off.

I just remember the late great Bobby Robson ...... "there is no such thing as a free lunch in the finals of any competition"

Could not agree with you more they did us proud........:)

But theu did take the easy route? Thla

They definitely did well and very proud, but they lost the last grouo game for an easier route to the final. Maybe playing Brazil, France etc could have been even better experience for them all, they had nothing to fear!

But theu did take the easy route? Thla

They definitely did well and very proud, but they lost the last grouo game for an easier route to the final. Maybe playing Brazil, France etc could have been even better experience for them all, they had nothing to fear!

I was going to comment on your post, but realised where you are from :talktothehand

I was going to comment on your post, but realised where you are from :talktothehand
Haha, if i live in America, am i American? well 3rd place play off tonight so still good be the best we have done in 50 odd years becoming 3rd. Be a true test tonight, Belguim are a world class team.

The team did well possibly better than expertation, we were in Germany for the start of world cup less hype over there compared to UK . I do feel the British press over dramatised every story. You would have thought we had won the world cup by some of the stories and that was before we came out of the group stage's. Why has the .UK press got so bad its the same with Brexit, I am a rugby fan and just wish they treated all news like they report rugby, which is generally facts of the game and that's the end of it. If we had made the final I do feel we risked been hammered like Brazil in the last final France are so much better than any other team there this year. It may be a blessing in disguise losing the semi.

Haha, if i live in America, am i American? well 3rd place play off tonight so still good be the best we have done in 50 odd years becoming 3rd. Be a true test tonight, Belguim are a world class team.

Haha, I understand that, I didn’t presume that you were Welsh, just that you are based in Wales.. Don’t worry Mark, I spent most of my working life with guys from Ireland, Scotland and Wales (army). I am now with the same blokes, though older, and now civvies, but the banter is still the same. The guys from those places would always prefer to see us lose, be it football or rugby, but it’s just banter and I wouldn’t change a thing :embarrased

Haha, I understand that, I didn’t presume that you were Welsh, just that you are based in Wales.. Don’t worry Mark, I spent most of my working life with guys from Ireland, Scotland and Wales (army). I am now with the same blokes, though older, and now civvies, but the banter is still the same. The guys from those places would always prefer to see us lose, be it football or rugby, but it’s just banter and I wouldn’t change a thing :embarrased
Haha, no offence at all taken, thats whats great about footy, its all supposed to be fun! Come on England, get 3rd place! I am Welsh as my mum, my brothers are English, my wifes Irish, my Dads Scottish and Grandparents Norwegian, so i support them all ;-) COME ON ENGLAND, get 3rd place!!!

Haha, no offence at all taken, thats whats great about footy, its all supposed to be fun! Come on England, get 3rd place! I am Welsh as my mum, my brothers are English, my wifes Irish, my Dads Scottish and Grandparents Norwegian, so i support them all ;-) COME ON ENGLAND, get 3rd place!!!

Good job Mark :thumb

Shame they didnt come 3rd, they had some good chances but Belguim pulled out some tremendous moves. Being 4th in the world aint bad considering this is many of the players 1st workd cup. Maybe put thie its coming home song on the side until 2020 which is the anniversary Euro championships so its its getting played throughout the whole of europe so should be interesting, tiring for the players though!!!!!:talktothehand

Shame they didnt come 3rd, they had some good chances but Belguim pulled out some tremendous moves. Being 4th in the world aint bad considering this is many of the players 1st workd cup. Maybe put thie its coming home song on the side until 2020 which is the anniversary Euro championships so its its getting played throughout the whole of europe so should be interesting, tiring for the players though!!!!!:talktothehand

It's a start.

For once the FA are thinking long term instead of latching on to this weeks favourite manager, who then picks this weeks prima donna's, who then go on to grossly underperform in whatever competition we find ourselves in.

This team is a building block. As foundations for the future go, it seems to be a pretty strong foundation.

All the talk from the FA and from the management team is realistic. They know they are not good enough YET. The nice thing though is the calm analytical approach of where the improvements need to be and it is being done at a group level, as a team.

I hope stability and continuity are allowed to remain, to survive when things go wrong. I'm totally pissed off with managers who see the England job as just a lucrative dip into a gravy train, and for once we have a manager who is not only English but can also speak the language.

I'm glad to see that this UEFA Nations League thingy starts in the autumn. England have got games against Spain and Croatia coming up - I think it will help the national team to be playing the better teams more often. Some years ago the England rugby team set out to play the southern hemisphere sides more often and it definitely improved them and made them more competitive.
For years England have been stuck in this cycle of being in easy qualification groups for the world cup/euros and then falling apart at the tournament when they play the better teams. I hope this new tournament will be a permanent one

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk