Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is that it for 2022 delivery?

Cri8py

Cri8py

Vehicle
Looking to buy
My dealer told me today that all build slots for 2022 California sof all varieties have now been filled and if I was to order today it wouldn't arrive until 2023.....can anyone confirm or deny this.

Thanks in advance

My dealer told me today that all build slots for 2022 California sof all varieties have now been filled and if I was to order today it wouldn't arrive until 2023.....can anyone confirm or deny this.

Thanks in advance

Might be time to put my 2017 van up for sale.
204 2wd £85k.
Any takers…

I dread to think what westfalia are running at now, I’m still waiting on my van.
I’ve been told Jan/feb that will be 19/20mths since ordered!!
So 2nd hand prices will keep going up with these build times.

Surly it will get to a point when the new orders slow down? Or is it that the build process is getting slower & slower?

I saw a comment by a potential Transporter Van Purchaser saying that he couldn't have a van delivery before early 2023 about a month ago. A big problem for commercial vehicle users who replace the vehicles frequently.

Surly it will get to a point when the new orders slow down? Or is it that the build process is getting slower & slower?
More likely Transporters might be prioritised over Leisure Vehicles, especially as the T7 will be going into production soon. Who knows.

That sounds plausible based on the delivery times thread
Very. I was given, what I thought, was a conservative 10 month delivery time in Nov 2020. That shifted to Nov/Dec 2021 last June. Shifted again to March 2022. So late 2023 delivery on new orders seems even more plausible at this point.

is it quicker to order a GC after all there is only 203 on the road since it's concept.
Californias are knocked out to the UK at 800/900 a year and it looks like this year might make the same count.
What's the lead time for a GC?

is it quicker to order a GC after all there is only 203 on the road since it's concept.
Californias are knocked out to the UK at 800/900 a year and it looks like this year might make the same count.

9 - 12 months

More likely Transporters might be prioritised over Leisure Vehicles, especially as the T7 will be going into production soon. Who knows.
VW will ship whatever they can sell (pre orders) to keep turn over & profit up as high as possible and the stock market at bay.

#Its all about the Money +share price

VW will ship whatever they can sell (pre orders) to keep turn over & profit up as high as possible and the stock market at bay.

#Its all about the Money +share price
Share price linked to lack of California deliveries? Clearly the share price has dropped c. 20% over the last 6-9 months.

Screenshot_20211110-171122~2.png

Last edited:
Do you think the Ocean has the gratest profit margin?
That's why they attempted to withdraw the beach and channel the punters towards the greater margin variants.
Which is VW cash cow model?

Do you think the Ocean has the gratest profit margin?
That's why they attempted to withdraw the beach and channel the punters towards the greater margin variants.
Which is VW cash cow model?
Withdrawal of the Beach was purely a U.K. decision not world wide.
But in the U.K. VW GMBH decisions are probably looked closely with VW U.K. to include profit margin vs sales of a particular model (volume streamlining) vs outside factors such as DVLA classifications etc. relating to the perception of the vehicle for example as a “Camper Van” when DVLA restrict the use of the classification

Taken from how many left website,don't know how accurate it is tells you registered veichles and Sorn.

I ordered a MAN TGE (Crafter with different badges, same factory) in late August 2021 with most of the bells & whistles for conversion to a camper. I was given a probable delivery date of May 2022 BUT up to now I only have the receipt for the deposit and no perspective build week despite the order being confirmed twelve weeks ago!
So I have no confidence of actually seeing the vehicle in May 2022.

How on earth commercial buyers are managing their fleets I have no idea.

I can only speculate, but as i said on the other thread, surely VW’s commercial contracts come first. So chassis destined for the Cali facility get diverted to satisfy commercial orders. There’ve been a few “unfortunately your van was written off in an accident at the factory” stories I’m not sure I believe…

Share price linked to lack of California deliveries? Clearly the share price has dropped c. 20% over the last 6-9 months.
Given all the vehicles that fall under the VW Group banner (there are a lot!) I really doubt the California is the cause for share price change ( a tiny contribution maybe). We all know how difficult it has been this last 2 years and the shortage of microchips etc. have had huge impacts on manufacturers ability to pump out product, in this case vehicles.

Put an order for a 680 Oct with bells and whistles (lots of semiconductors in whistles) not likely to get a build date for months.
Let me know when build date for your MAN TGE

Put an order for a 680 Oct with bells and whistles (lots of semiconductors in whistles) not likely to get a build date for months.
Let me know when build date for your MAN TGE
Will do, at least I'll try to remember.

Thanks in advance
Further to my last, nails slots until July 2022 filled, but not only that a price increase is on its way!
Happy Days!

Further to my last, nails slots until July 2022 filled, but not only that a price increase is on its way!
Happy Days!
Price increase already happened according to various posts on here. Came in with no notice, 3% on vehicles and 2% on options.

Back