Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is the California available as 4Motion?

M

msanders77

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all,

New to the group as I'm looking at getting a California. Currently have a T6 Kombi, but looking to upgrade.

Is the California available with 4Motion?

Tia

Yes they are available with 4motion, however that is the T6.1 which is going to be terminated soon. As they are changing the model

Hi, there have been 4motion variants with T5, T5.1, T6 and T6.1 so there are plenty of used 4wd vehicles available.

There will be a new (and unproven) 4motion system in the T7 California PHEV version, the same system that has just been introduced in the new Tuareg. While the petrol and diesel versions can be ordered very soon, I haven't found any word regarding when the PHEV version will be rolled out.

There will be a new (and unproven) 4motion system in the T7 California PHEV version, the same system that has just been introduced in the new Tuareg. While the petrol and diesel versions can be ordered very soon, I haven't found any word regarding when the PHEV version will be rolled out.
I know this is pedantic but it is not aT7. The T7 is the commercial van being built joint venture with Ford. The new California is based on the multivan. A different vehicle.

Hi all,

New to the group as I'm looking at getting a California. Currently have a T6 Kombi, but looking to upgrade.

Is the California available with 4Motion?

Tia
Yes.
But which T would you have?
A T6 California or 6.1 4Motion
And Ocean or Beach, although I don’t think the beach or coast came as 4M ?

The latest that I have heard as of last week is that Dealers envisage being advised later this year regarding availability of the T7 and placing of orders. So it will more likely be next year

VW also calls my T6.1 a Multivan according to the owner's manual:

View attachment 124558
Yes and no.
As the Mainland Europe California's are based on a Multivan, you get a Multivan manual. The supplement California is the manual for all the California equipment in your Multivan.
Where the older T5 and T5.1 in the UK are based on a Transporter (dashboard), mine has the more luxury dashboard of a Multivan (Caravelle in the UK).
Simple, isn't it? :Depressed

Yes they are available with 4motion, however that is the T6.1 which is going to be terminated soon. As they are changing the model
I received my California ocean 4 motion 204.
April 24 this years model. They stop making this in July August as they have already started the T7. Which totally different. Hope this helps.