Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is the California configurator broken?

it is always broken I gave up

And it is the only car website which never asks me for feedback !!!

Looks like it is, some of the options have changed and a new dark colour has shown up.

I spoke to VWCS today and they said they were going through the normal cycle of model changes.

I am trying to spec up a T6 Ocean using the configurator, it allows me to put in all my options but at the end I just get a blank page and no final price? I have tried using different browsers and the same thing keeps happening, Help??

http://app.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/ihdcc/en/configurator.html#70165

I recently calculated that there are 5 quintillion possible variations of factory fitted options on the Beach (there are errors in my calculations due to some options being incompatible with others e.g. Integrated child seat means no fabric choice). Given the enormous number of variations, it is unsurprising that the configurator cannot cope.

I can happily confirm that if you select the base model of the Beach, the configurator works - perhaps the only one of the 5,000,000,000,000,000,000 or so variations.

I am trying to spec up a T6 Ocean using the configurator, it allows me to put in all my options but at the end I just get a blank page and no final price? I have tried using different browsers and the same thing keeps happening, Help??

http://app.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/ihdcc/en/configurator.html#70165

I have just run a spec through the configurator to see what happens and seemed fine.

There are a few pitfalls with it that you might find helpful to know, for example...

Comfort seats no cost option deletes front snivelling feature which is a must.

Heated rear window with wash wipe deletes double glazed rear window..only single glazed can be heated.

Cascabel alloys in silver shows £1338 and should be approximately the same as the other two Cascavel colour options.

Also, if you want to save some money for other things, I understand that going for the 6.3" media screen and App connect options means you can run apps...such as Google Maps through the media screen ..all at a third of the cost of the Sat Nav option.

I have just run a spec through the configurator to see what happens and seemed fine.

There are a few pitfalls with it that you might find helpful to know, for example...

Comfort seats no cost option deletes front snivelling feature which is a must.

Heated rear window with wash wipe deletes double glazed rear window..only single glazed can be heated.

Cascabel alloys in silver shows £1338 and should be approximately the same as the other two Cascavel colour options.

Also, if you want to save some money for other things, I understand that going for the 6.3" media screen and App connect options means you can run apps...such as Google Maps through the media screen ..all at a third of the cost of the Sat Nav option.

Actually that's "Swivelling" feature not "snivelling"...although if they don't turn round they could well be called "snivelling seats"!

Looks like the new colour "718" is a two-tone grey/black..... here's hoping my strawberries & cream red/white variant is coming soon! :D

grey-black.jpeg

I'm intrigued...how are you able to order a red and white one?...Is it available in Guernsey?

No, only on the continent at the moment but I'm hopeful that the two-colour combos become available before my order gets its confirmed build date. That said, I'd need to scrape the barrel for some pennies to pay for it first as the options pricing on the .de configurator is eye-watering.

I have contacted VW Commercial vehicles in the uK and in Germany because I was interested in a two tone Ocean which you can get in Europe and New Zealand. Their answer was Not going to be made available in the UK. You are also right...the option pricing in the fatherland is painful.
Why not do what I am going to...get the lower half resprayed by a VW approved bodyshop to give you the two tone you want?

I have contacted VW Commercial vehicles in the uK and in Germany because I was interested in a two tone Ocean which you can get in Europe and New Zealand. Their answer was Not going to be made available in the UK. You are also right...the option pricing in the fatherland is painful.
Why not do what I am going to...get the lower half resprayed by a VW approved bodyshop to give you the two tone you want?

I think I'm going to go in the other direction and have the top half wrapped (we have a cherry red on order), but I may hang on until I can source (and afford!) the dished wheels.

The red bellows are non-essential for me but, as I'm bound to snag the existing ones in the scissor mechanism at some point, will probably end up with sooner rather than later!

I think I'm going to go in the other direction and have the top half wrapped (we have a cherry red on order), but I may hang on until I can source (and afford!) the dished wheels.

The red bellows are non-essential for me but, as I'm bound to snag the existing ones in the scissor mechanism at some point, will probably end up with sooner rather than later!

Not too keen on the red bellows myself...purely personal...but agree with you that the wheels (assume you are talking about the ones on the special edition T6 transporter) are fantastic and really hark back to the original type 2 bus and camper...but they are £650 a corner including tyres...Ouch!

I have candy white on order and am going retro on the lower half paintwork.
We must post photos of both when they are done?

That's only three corners!

Hmmm...Dog? Cat? Budgie? Goldfish?...oh ok then, lets become bank robbers...Imagine the headlines..."They made their escape in a VW T6 California Ocean tastefully done in Cherry Red and Candy White with matching seat cushions". I think it's a go'er...how about you?

Bank robbers?! Too stressful for a Cali owner...

I'm thinking about using the new T6 as a mobile lower-limb arthritis relief service.... I'm going to call it 'Cali for Knee, Ahhh' :)

I'll get me coat.....

I'm thinking about using the new T6 as a mobile lower-limb arthritis relief service.... I'm going to call it 'Cali for Knee, Ahhh' :)

I'll get me coat.....

I'll get me coat.....

I'm rarely without pain myself.
Trouble is I've ordered a DSG so would only be able to do one knee at a time...and I've tried working the accelerator pedal with my left foot but got a nasty pain in my groin...maybe my technique was wrong...or I was constricting Benny and the Jets!
PS...leave the coat at home

Configurator broken again? Or is it me?? If my business web site had been down this long I would have been fired by now!

.com seems to work as dose the .fr but the .co.uk?

It's been down for weeks..... What a joke..... Have to say, buying a VW "commercial vehicle" isn't the wonderful experience, it should be. :headbang

Configurator appears to be back working again today. Enjoy!
Be quick! It'll be broke again tomorrow ;)
Still no two tone paint jobs and no retro wheels either - shame (as in pity!).

I've noticed that when you spec the mystery dark grey/grey two-tone colour labelled 718 on the configurator it changes the style of the roof too. Intriguing!

I've also noticed there's another option for "Pop-top Roof" as well. Very intriguing!

Last edited:
I've noticed that when you spec the mystery dark grey/grey two-tone colour labelled 718 on the configurator it changes the style of the roof too. Intriguing!

I've also noticed there's another option for "Pop-top Roof" as well. Very intriguing!

The two tone colour has been there a few weeks but I haven't heard of anyone ordering it. The only other change I can see is the re-addition of the 80L fuel tank. Not that I'm obsessive about the options list or anything!:rolleyes:

Back