Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Configurator

Started working for me, and is now down again!!!!

anyone else?

Looks to be up and running OK. I've just run my spec through it as a precaution because I ordered hilt it was down and the options list was also New prices match the 2 June price list

Looks to be up and running OK. I've just run my spec through it as a precaution because I ordered hilt it was down and the options list was also New prices match the 2 June price list
Sorry hit post by mistake whilst I was typing! Must get a VIP membership. Anyway, was just going to say it all looks accurate apart from the missing 3 seat bench option!!!

Sorry hit post by mistake whilst I was typing! Must get a VIP membership. Anyway, was just going to say it all looks accurate apart from the missing 3 seat bench option!!!
I noticed that. As well as no petrol engines!!

Priced an equivalent to our 2 seat Beach and it came out about 10k more than we paid. So I guess our depreciation on a 3 year old might be about zero. :)

Seems the shower option just got a lot more expensive as selecting it now requires the upgrade of the lighting package from...

9CI Interior light concept for Camper "Comfort" in passenger compartment + Standard

to

9CE 4 standard interior lights and 1 fluorescent tube in passenger compartment + £132.00

It's just changed again!!!! I left the configurator open this morning, and when I returned there was this...

Updates.jpg

Now when you select the shower option, you have to add...

Interior light concept for Camper "Comfort Plus" incl. lighting in pop-up roof, tailgate, and cupboards + £132

So you get cupboard lighting as per this pic I guess...

T6.jpg

That's weird....

Why make you buy extra internal lighting when all you want is a shower?

Still no petrol engines...
It's just changed again!!!! I left the configurator open this morning, and when I returned there was this...

View attachment 23177

Now when you select the shower option, you have to add...

Interior light concept for Camper "Comfort Plus" incl. lighting in pop-up roof, tailgate, and cupboards + £132

So you get cupboard lighting as per this pic I guess...

View attachment 23178

Information is petrol will be before end of year but fuel economy will be poor and nowhere near VW quoted figures. I did not ask about the 204 diesel but don't think it will be long until back on line.

That's weird....

Why make you buy extra internal lighting when all you want is a shower?

Still no petrol engines...

This seems to be the case on the German config as well. I did notice that the German special editions come with the shower and lighting as standard. Could it be that as these are pre built units it limits the number of types they have to hold.

Information is petrol will be before end of year but fuel economy will be poor and nowhere near VW quoted figures. I did not ask about the 204 diesel but don't think it will be long until back on line.

Sadly no one has any clue when the 204 diesel will come back online. Can be ordered in other markets and for other T6 vans etc but not the California. Nobody knows why either.

Hi
We have a 204 Ocean on order
Just rang VWCS about the missing options on the configurator and was told it will be completed on 18 July with all engine options reinstated

I've had some feedback on my spec from a dealer and mayber worth noting.

MFSW is now standard, with a £20ish upgrade cost to the flappy paddle version.

Storage net is not longer availiable for MY18, neither are the heavy duty anti-roll bars.

You have to love VW sometimes....

Three different lists of engine choices available, depending on if you read the price list, the brochure or use the configurator!!

Assume the price list is the correct version. Well, for this week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I was just able to spec 4motion and the rail for the 5th seat via the configurator.....
That wasn't possible previously I think.

I summary pic shows the third rail, but there seems to be no option to actually tick for the seat itself ?

Confusing

I think I was just able to spec 4motion and the rail for the 5th seat via the configurator.....
That wasn't possible previously I think.

I summary pic shows the third rail, but there seems to be no option to actually tick for the seat itself ?

Confusing

Very confusing.

There are a few new additions on the configurator, you can now choose heated seats for the Ocean for example. Well shouldn't that be standard?

And where has the adaptive cruise control gone?? It lists Cruise Control, but not ACC (well, not that I could see).

I do prefer the look and feel of the new configurator, but wish I could trust it a bit more.

EDIT. - Just checked the price list pdf, and ACC is still there. Definitely not available on the configurator though.

Very confusing.

There are a few new additions on the configurator, you can now choose heated seats for the Ocean for example. Well shouldn't that be standard?

And where has the adaptive cruise control gone?? It lists Cruise Control, but not ACC (well, not that I could see).

I do prefer the look and feel of the new configurator, but wish I could trust it a bit more.

EDIT. - Just checked the price list pdf, and ACC is still there. Definitely not available on the configurator though.

I can see it, "Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) including Front Assist and City Emergency Braking (Max speed 99mph)"

Ok, a bit more digging. You can specify the "Passenger car version with up to 5 seats' option for the 4Motion but you can't specify the seat also.

Choose a 2WD version and you can specify the above option (not sure what it is) as well as
"1 swivel seat with longitudinal adjustment on rail system in 2nd row of seats" and
"Preparation for later installation of separate seat in 2nd row" which I assume is the third rail, and standard fit.

It used to be that the third rail is removed when ordering 4notion as the prop shaft and haldex eliminates the possibility.

I can see it, "Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) including Front Assist and City Emergency Braking (Max speed 99mph)"

Found out why. Petrol doesn't offer ACC, but diesels do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke to VW Customer Services yesterday about MY18 for the Ocean. I've had different view about what is included from everyone I spoken to from dealers to VW themselves. I'm getting the official word from the "Brand Team" next week.

In the last conversation I was told that the Concept Plus light option should not be in the configurator and that the new mood lighting & cupboard lights is standard. I was told if dealers try to order the Concept Plus option it will reject it.

It's been 6 years since I ordered my first Cali and things don't seem to have gotten any better when it comes to understanding the spec.

:helpJust specced up a Beach. Am I imagining it that it used to be possible to order the leather/Alcantara upholstery AND dark plastic trim with a 2 seat bench? It now forces you to have the 3 seat bench if you don't want the light grey cloth and cabin trim. If I'm not imagining it I might have to go looking for a used one as I'm not keen on the light grey at all. If I am imagining it I'll shut up, grit my teeth and get on with it :)

In case anyone hasn't quite give up yet a couple of 204 TDI have appeared. Not the TDI 4motion DSG though.

Back