Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this normal, wonky roof

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Was lowering the roof today and noticed it was all wonky just before it closed is this normal and what might the ramifications be of it being uneven ?

F9A3F0B9-AA71-436A-839E-A5B6CA28FFF1.jpeg

One side closed other still open, all closes eventually

21FA34AE-7C43-4105-848F-0B5530CDC611.jpeg

Not unusual at least on mine but it's a 2008 vintage. I would be concerned if the difference was larger in case it twisted something. The only time I had a problem was when I only part opened the roof and when I closed it was very wonky to the point that I thought I had something trapped. But a full raise and close and it was back to it's normal slightly wonky self...

Do have this sometimes after a couple of days camping, just went up and down again and all fine. Ours lower itself after a day or so. Not concerned, just start engine and roof up again.

They “adjust” themselves every day or two as well. Once you’ve heard the “Crikey the roof is closing” buzz at 1am when you’re in the top bunk you’ll not forget it

They “adjust” themselves every day or two as well. Once you’ve heard the “Crikey the roof is closing” buzz at 1am when you’re in the top bunk you’ll not forget it
It should do an automatic check 10 hours after ignition off, then every 5 hours after that, normally middle of the night!

Yeah pretty scary the first time it happened to us. Thought the roof was coming down and we were going to get squashed