Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this the most expensive Cali ever!

When a California reaches £86,000 it will cost *exactly* the same as lifetime limit on social care costs.

Social care cost the previous generation their homes. It will cost us our home on wheels.

Homes bought, for on average £3k.

Every time I’ve changed my vehicle I’ve looked at what the difference is between vam and tell myself that’s all it is.
First camper (work van I turned into camper) sold for £14k, then cali £26k (£12k to change)sold for £25k, next cali was £45k (£20k to change), sold for £44k then bought 2nd hand joker, when I sell joker I will finally have my first brand new van (well if it ever turns up).
I think next spring/summer we may see £100k cali ocean:talktothehand GC has hit that

When a California reaches £86,000 it will cost *exactly* the same as lifetime limit on social care costs.

Social care cost the previous generation their homes. It will cost us our home on wheels.
The £86,000 cap only covers the care costs. The bed and board elements are not covered, so you’ll still need the Cali to sleep and eat in.

Every time I’ve changed my vehicle I’ve looked at what the difference is between vam and tell myself that’s all it is.
First camper (work van I turned into camper) sold for £14k, then cali £26k (£12k to change)sold for £25k, next cali was £45k (£20k to change), sold for £44k then bought 2nd hand joker, when I sell joker I will finally have my first brand new van (well if it ever turns up).
I think next spring/summer we may see £100k cali ocean:talktothehand GC has hit that
You should then divide by the annual cost. When did you buy your first van?

The £86,000 cap only covers the care costs. The bed and board elements are not covered, so you’ll still need the Cali to sleep and eat in.

It does appear that the generation which had university fees paid, and living expenses subsidised by their previous generation, are now going to have their care costs borne by their successor generation.

It’s good news for me.

You should then divide by the annual cost. When did you buy your first van?
Every van I’ve had is my main vehicle and used daily so running cost isn’t really important. Saved loads by not having a work van and a camper and even a car. Haven’t really lost much both calis had for 2yrs and 3yrs.

It does appear that the generation which had university fees paid, and living expenses subsidised by their previous generation, are now going to have their care costs borne by their successor generation.

It’s good news for me.
I think you will find that a significant proportion of the various graduate loans for fees and living expenses are still being paid for from general taxation rather than the graduate.

And yes, the younguns pay for the oldies. Hasn’t that always been the case? They will be the oldies one day. Mind you, Covid is reducing the number of oldies.

I think you will find that a significant proportion of the various graduate loans for fees and living expenses are still being paid for from general taxation rather than the graduate.

And yes, the younguns pay for the oldies. Hasn’t that always been the case? They will be the oldies one day. Mind you, Covid is reducing the number of oldies.

An interesting point. I have just looked it up and it appears that our government expect that only 25% of graduates will ever fully repay their student loans, and that by 2050 the value of outstanding loans will total £560 billion at 2019/2020 prices.

Am I a mug to be saving now for my sons’ tertiary education?

An interesting point. I have just looked it up and it appears that our government expect that only 25% of graduates will ever fully repay their student loans, and that by 2050 the value of outstanding loans will total £560 billion at 2019/2020 prices.

Am I a mug to be saving now for my sons’ tertiary education?
Depends what he ends up doing. Continue saving. If he then has to pay back because of his salary, then he can make a lump sum payment with your help.

Just been renewing my insurance (not easy with a Beach with business use) anyway, sorted now, but did some research for value question. A quick search for equivalent 2016 Beaches, with all the extras (DSG, ACC, Heater, Light pack, etc.) didn't bring up an exact match, but they are selling at dealers for around the same price, or more, than I bought mine new for five-years ago!
The closest I could find a a VW Dealer was June 2016, similar spec, but lower mileage, was a pound short of 50K!

They’re coming in thick and fast now.
Still with silly prices.

They’re coming in thick and fast now.
Still with silly prices.
Dealer wrote to me to ask if I wanted to sell mine ! (This month) Supply and Demand must be the driver, let’s see what happens over the winter ?

And that appears to be a VW Fleet or Demo vehicle - not available until 02/2022.
How can they say it’ll have 287 miles on it in Feb 22?
Insane price, but the time of year to sell ... dealers are playing the market well

Well that’s the first time I’m seen 100+ calis for sale on autotrader and a 96k so getting closer to 100k for a cali1208D642-334E-4083-8365-47E264FDFC24.png

I know it's a dog eat dog world and business is business, but do these dealers not think they'd like customers for follow up work / servicing?

They're just ripping people off blind.

If that's their culture and ethos it'll make me think twice about going there for servicing or anything else.

Maybe they don't care?

These are 199's too...so not even the latest engine
I still wonder if it’s the vat mistake they make sometimes when advertising as that one is 2nd hand
I know it's a dog eat dog world and business is business, but do these dealers not think they'd like customers for follow up work / servicing?

They're just ripping people off blind.

If that's their culture and ethos it'll make me think twice about going there for servicing or anything else.

Maybe they don't care?
They care more about fleet/contracts etc with companies than selling the odd camper. That’s where there main business profits are.
If cali were sold in the VW car sales section I think things would be a lot different.
You would like to think so.

Back